X-Fusion Velour R 2010 Forks

Velour R

• 32mm aluminum uppertubes
  • Air spring allows for wide range of adjustment
  • Sealed oil cartridge with easy-to-use Rebound adjust
  • 9mm dropouts
  • Aluminum steerer

brandon   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 2011]
Strength:

great durability, lightweight, and smooth/plush.

great fork for any hardtail. i use it for hardcore dirtjumping, works great

Molluntorot   Downhiller [Aug 23, 2010]
Strength:

Light weight, very smooth action through the whole travel. Excellent response for rebound adjustment, easy to adjust on the fly. Quality all round fork for the price.

Stanchions are starting to make creaking noises where they join up to the crown.

If your riding style is light to medium and you don't need comp. rebound and lockout, this fork will give you a very pleasant ride. But because I like to ride somewhat a bit harder than the average rider (up to 8 foot drops for urban, DJ, and freeride/downhill) get yourself a stronger fork.

Enrico   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2010]
Strength:

Plush with ultra smooth rebound & price. Even when you load it with 5 extra pounds for xc racing the fork doesn't immediately eject you off of the bike.

Other than there is no lock out none so far. According to the manufacturer the stock weight is 3.94 pounds which is not noticeable. Really if you’re going to whine about half a pound I suggest working out longer.

I bought this fork based on a recommendation from Brain at the Shoxspital because I was looking for a cheaper air fork to build a spare bike I had sitting in the basement. Due to the fact my 19” Dakar required a minimum steer tube length of 9.25” I was pretty much stuck with buying a new fork. My first impression of the fork was it felt a lot like my 2009 Fox but rebound seemed to be many times more fluid even when I over filled the air chamber to obtain 5% sag rather than the traditional norm of 10%. If you can live without lockout I would recommend this fork over any RockShox, Manitou or Marzocchi currently in the market. Even if you are a diehard weight weenie trust me ride one of these because the cost to save the weight and spending the extra $400-$700 just isn’t worth it.

Similar Products Used: 2006 Rock Shox SID Team, 2006 Manitou Minute 2:00 with SPV, 2006 Pace RC41 (DT Swiss bought them out to make their current forks), 2009 Fox F120R.