RockShox Tora SL 2010 Forks

Tora SL

• 100mm of travel eats up all the bumps in your way
  • TurnKey lockout featured two position settings: "on" or "off"
  • 32mm 4130 tapered wall chromed steel stanchions
  • Hollow forged 6061-T6 aluminum crown

Villain   [Mar 11, 2014]
Strength:

Reliable, pop lock, best match price/value for xc driver, easy to maintain and cheap for repair if is needed.

none so far

Ill try to wrote again about this fork (first review mtbr didn't except, and i donno why?)
It's great fork for money you spend, i can only tell that, probably rock shox recon gold is better in that position and overall. Recon G. is in competition with some very very expensive forks. But back on Tora. I tortured my fork with my 260 lbs at start of the season last year. With full pressure in air chamber. fork has not issued me in any moment for complete year of driving in different kind of terrains, low value asphalt, macadam or clear road. For XC this is one of the best buy forks!

FlatTrails   Cross Country Rider [Dec 05, 2011]
Strength:

100mm travel, easy to fit, PopLoc remote, preload and rebound adjustment

None to speak of.

Unbeatable value and performance for XC, trail, and moderate DH riding. Highly recommended

Similar Products Used: SR Suntour XCM-H-LO
Nandoclp   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 2011]
Strength:

Not so expensive. Works much better and softer than elastomer models that comes with my previous bikes. Good read of terrain.

Relatively too heavy.

It works very fine for me. Heavy compared with the R7 (that was stolen with my previous bike 6 mouths ago, just 3 mouths after the up!) but do the same job.
There is no comparison between air spring and the old stuff I used before in old times...

Similar Products Used: Some old basic models, Manitou R7.
witchdr77   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2011]
Strength:

Looks good, easy to use , has lockout, and a handy psi chart on the leg.

none, it does everything VERY well.absolutly no complaints.

living in lower michigan I had to ditch my 6"ride(too heavy, too much ) so I had to outfit my hartail for the Cross Country roads and single track around here. I wanted to keep with an Air fork. So far I am really please. its lite, easy to use shoulda got the 120mm though.

Similar Products Used: Dart 3, Tora 302, Marzocchi 55r, and marzocchi dj1
captain smoke eater   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2010]
Strength:

Its a very stong fork thats easy to use. Its weights in at 4.lbs, but you would never know it.

None that I can see.

Great fork for the average XC rider.

Similar Products Used: Tora 302 SL and 318
basso4735   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2010]
Strength:

Price, adjustable air spring

Air sucking sound, could be better over small bumps

I bought this as a replacement for my stock 100mm travel coil fork that I broke. I have put about 60 miles on the Tora so far and I really enjoy it. I am 250lbs and use 180 psi and I have not bottomed the fork out yet. For 200 bucks, this entry level fork takes care of the type of riding I do, which is techy single track and smaller drops. It is a little noisy on the way up, sounds like air being sucked, but I think it's normal. I would definitely recommend this fork if you are replacing a stock fork and want to experience something better before dropping $500+ on a Fox or higher end RS.

luv2clmb   Cross Country Rider [May 11, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, plenty of travel. Floats right through obstacles.

None noted

I am a heavy rider (220+ lbs riding weight) and was concerned how this fork would handle my weight but it does beautifully. Then again anything would compared to the stock garbage that I finally got rid of. I love the air spring and doubt I will ever go back to coil spring. I keep the pressure between 190 and 200 psi and away she rolls. I doubt you'll find a better value for the money.