RockShox Revelation Team 2010 Forks

Revelation Team

The Rock Shox Revelation Team U-Turn fork has 120-150mm of adjustable travel made possible by the Air U-Turn spring and BlackBox Motion Control damper. The aluminum steerer tube diameter is 1 1/8". The fork crown is cast, hollow 6061 aluminum. The stanchions are 32mm straight wall aluminum tubes. The lowers are magnesium. The fork accepts thru-axle hubs only via the proprietary 20mm Maxle Lite thru axle.

kimi rossi   Weekend Warrior [Aug 03, 2011]
Strength:

light, stiff, maxle, smooth, plush, super smooth, u turn, lockout, compression adjust, etc.

none so far, but @ 150mm travel could have gone with 35mm stanchions

this fork is super plush and super smooth. u turn works great, lockout and compression are the bomb, dual air adjustability hits the bullseye. maxle works great but it's a little bit hard to install/remove. put a little grease on it. it is so buttery smoooooootth..no feeling of sticktion at all.

Similar Products Used: 2007 revelation, 2008 pike, 2008 vanilla, 2009 36 float
Andrea   Weekend Warrior [Jun 23, 2011]
Strength:

Absolutely OK

I bought the Abracadabra frame having tried the bike with the original FOX forks: in the first time i used marzocchi xc 700 ata with quick release, then decided to change it with a fork with 20mm/15mm axle, and choose this fork for the good price.
I thought fox was better, but soon i realized that this was not true: revelation team do it better!!!!!

P.S.: i never used lock out and u-turn (abracadabra dont need lower forks)

Similar Products Used: marzocchi xc 700 ata micro, Fox 150 RLT, and many other
D-Avid   Weekend Warrior [May 02, 2011]
Strength:

Plushest fork ever, great adjust-ability, light weight, air u-turn rocks, post mounts, Push-loc

Best fork I have ever used. It soaks up everything and the dual air gives you control over exactly how u want the fork to feel. Small bump compliance is terrific as well as big hit ability. Best fork I have ever ridden. What a difference. I can clear stuff now that I could never have cleared with my other fork. Awesome.

Similar Products Used: Rock shox Pilot, Manitou Black super SPV, Rock shox Recon 351 u-turn
dytrdr5   Weekend Warrior [Mar 19, 2011]
Strength:

Good compression and rebound dampening. Looks and for a 5.5 inch travel fork its very light.

Reliability, I was on my way to trail and decided to do a bunny hop, when I landed I heard a snap and the U-turn function is broken. didn't even make it the half a mile to the trail.

buy Marzocchi or fox can't wait to deal with RS customer service on a 1 day old fork.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi shiver and DJ2
MartinS   Weekend Warrior [Jan 07, 2011]
Strength:

Ride performance is awesome, super smooth and stiff torsionally. If it was problem free it would be a truly amazing fork.

U-turn, lasts about a month between blow ups and Canadian service center at Norco blows chunks. Luckily everything gets covered by warranty, but having to send the fork away each time really sucks, wish there were more bike shops set up as RS service centers in Canada - like the US.
Norco has been awful to work with, tried to get an issue seen to for three months, they kept lying and saying they were sending the part to my local shop - I was at the shop when they were being called, I heard them saying they'd send the stuff and it would never show. I called RS US and they basically said sorry, but there is nothing we can do - seriously? - all I needed was a tiny spring and a c-clip, you can't just drop them in the mail? They'd fit in a regular envelope and believe me, I'd never tell Norco about it.

I have a love/hate relationship, best riding fork I've tried but I have no trust in it, it has let me down too much, plus the Canadian support is terrible. I am planning on trying to get the '11 2 step cartridge for it and see how that goes.

Similar Products Used: Manitou Minute '08 - thankfully I still own this fork, it is bomber. Not as smooth as the Revelation but it is infinitely more reliable. Also ridden a Fox Float 150 RL w/ 15mm TA, not as stiff torsionally, but rode nicely.
eastongeneral   Cross Country Rider [Jul 21, 2010]
Strength:

Plush, Stiff, highly tunable, and pretty light. Review for Dual Air version

The air pressure vs. rider weight chart on the lowers was quite a bit off for my desired ride qualities. Peel it off and this fork has no weakness

Best AM fork I have ever ridden. It is super plush right from the top of the stroke even at relatively high pressure. The Fox Float that this fork replaced was super sticky in the first inch of travel and handle small to medium bumps pretty poorly. With the pos and neg chambers on the Revelation you can really dial in the small bump feel. I run the neg chamber low so you get full travel and the fork is not too sensitive to small bumps. I find that more small bump sensitivity leads to my front wheel hanging up in slow techy stuff. Even though this makes the first bit of travel more firm, it is still very very smooth unlike the fox, which just felt really sticky. If you raise the negative chamber pressure you will shorten the axle to crown length of the fork and available travel. The other brilliant feature of this fork is the compression adjustment. This basically allows you to have two forks in one at the flip of a switch. Set the fork up fully active as you would for a shuttle ride then flip the compression switch and play with the gate dial until you find the feel you like for climbing and slow technical riding. Now you have your two modes set and just flip the compression switch on and off to switch between the two. Fox copied this set up but I don't think it works as well. Buy this fork.

Similar Products Used: Fox Float, Talas, Marzocchi bombers
BBW   Weekend Warrior [Jun 21, 2010]
Strength:

light, plush, stiff

colors options? I would prefer the "mate" look and a black or gray :-)

WOW, I was not happy with my last(s) FOX (Vanilla, Float, Talas) and decided to give RS a try after reading the recommendations from other users.
My God this fork is PLUSH, feels great and I just had 1 ride.
I weight about 180 RTR and have 80 PSI in Pos and Neg chambers. Still tinkering but feels sooooo nice
Bye bye FOX, no more harsh rides, loose bushings and creaky steerers
This thing is incredible!
If it keeps working (shouldn't have a problem) its THE best upgrade I have done in a long time
Keep it up RS!!

Similar Products Used: I was a Fox fan till now
mtnbiker4life   Weekend Warrior [May 27, 2010]
Strength:

It works great after getting the U-Turn Fixed. It's a light weight fork and the 20mm Maxle is the best. The Fork is plush and feels much better then the Talas.

The U-Turn broke before I could even ride my bike.

I was really pissed, spending good coin then getting zero miles on the fork. SRAM stepped up but I decided to have PUSH fix the U-Turn along with tuning the fork. I would have bought the Dual Air if I had known about the u-turn clunk.

Similar Products Used: Fox Talas 32
Norco_Hitter   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2010]
Strength:

This review is for the dual air version. Plush and solid. Easy to service. Very good botoming out resistance. Very easy to set up. Good small bump sensitivity.

Stay away from the U-turn version and you will be fine.

A good solid fork that feels plush for being an air fork. The fork comes alive when it is pushed hard. A superb trail fork that can take a beating with pride.