RockShox Revelation Race Dual Air 2010 Forks

• Steerer: Aluminum, 1 1/8" Or 1.5 To 1 1/8" Tapered
  • Upper Tubes: 32mm, 7000 Series Straight Wall Aluminum
  • Recommended Rear Shock: Monarch 4.2 Dual Air

rocketscience66   Weekend Warrior [Sep 21, 2010]
Strength:

Good weight, 20mm maxle is great.

Has lost some of its travel.

Having used a number of forks I know how they tend to overstate the actual useable travel available. Unfortunately these forks have far less than the 140mm they advertise and have actually lost travel in the past year. I've had them recently serviced by the distributor but now they only have about 110mm travel and don't feel to be very tuneable. I've mucked around with the negative and positive air chambers, but they aren't riding that nicely any more. My older Fox Float R forks are way better and have the whole 140mm of travel available.
On the upside the Revelations are a much better price, but I suspect you get what you pay for.

Similar Products Used: Fox Float, Fox 36R, RS Reba, RS Psylo XC
8valvegrowl   Weekend Warrior [Jul 12, 2010]
Strength:

Light, stiff, plush, responsive

None so far

Awesome fork. Can handle the climbs, rip on the flow, and stick some nasty airs. I lowered my Maxle Lite version from 150mm to 140mm to better match my Dawg's geo. Best upgrade I have put on my bike so far.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi XC600 Air, Lyrik Solo Air, Domain 318, Fox TALAS
dan51   Weekend Warrior [Jun 16, 2010]
Strength:

Plush with no stiction
Light weight
Maxle

I had given up on air forks a few years ago. In an effort to drop some weight I reluctantly went with an air fork and figured I'd leave it on just for race season. I have no plans to remove the fork until I head to Whistler in a few months. Then it will be back to the Lyrik coil.
I was impressed with this fork immediately. Out of the box it was plush and didn't have any stiction. Not as stiff as the Lyrik, but that's not to be expected. It handles all the jumps and high speed technical stuff I've thrown at it. When a product this good comes along it's tempting to buy another and keep it in box for future use.

Similar Products Used: Lyrik, Pike, Vanilla 32, Talas 32, Float 32
J Boyer   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2010]
Strength:

This fork has a kickass rigid lockout for techy climbs, very light weight, seemingly bottomless travel on 3ft+ drops and kickers, and is responsive in the carves.

None so far, but the super light weight has me a little I'm a little concerned as to its resilience over time. I will find out, as I ride all my gear into the ground. I have been told Rock Shox has great customer service if they do fail.

I thought this set up may be too much of a downhill rig, but it friggin climbs like an old school hard tail. The forks lock out so well they knock you around a bit. They are also absorbing good size drops (3ft+) and big roots/ rocks at speed, with nice rebound and no bottom out or greasy spooge. In snakey carves they are responding well with minimal "gush." I weigh 165lbs and have broken CC frames and CC suspension in the past.
I think these forks are a great "trail" fork. Maybe too much for a serious CC racer/ steep geometry lover, and probably not beefy enough for a shuttler/ resort riding downhiller. But for those who love the climb and the down...they rule... so far.