RockShox Reba Team Dual Air 2010 Forks

• Crown: Forged, Hollow Al66 Tv Aluminum
  • Steerer: Aluminum, 1 1/8" Or 1.5 To 1 1/8" Tapered

[Jul 13, 2012]
gschwell

Strength:

Stiff, smooth, easy adjustment and servicing.

None yet

I love this fork. It is straight forward functional in every way it should be. They're super easy to pull apart and service, which is nice if you want to change travel or just keep it clean and fresh. The maxle is amazingly stiff and easy to use, I'll never go back to a qr on the front. Easy spring and rebound adjustment.

Fox RLC, Older Reba, older SID

[Nov 09, 2011]
MasCam

Strength:

Great control, looks good, Highly tunable

Uuummmm, ahhhhhh, I don't get to be a fox fanboy?

I couldn't believe the difference between this fork and my previous recon fork, it is just so controlled. It has saved my butt on more than one occasion, the dual flow rebound is worth its weight in gold. Stiffness has also improved even though mine is still a QR fork, I have stiffened it up a bit with bolt though skewers. I love the adjustability of the fork and am always changing it to suit the ride that I am going to undertake, one for the tweakers out there.

Rockshox Recon

[May 01, 2011]
Carlman

Strength:

For a 29er fork that is a 9mm qr, it tracks way better than I thought it would. It is plush yet communicative while being controlled. It is very adjustable.

none yet

What a surprisingly good fork! This fork has made me a believer that new RockShox forks can be as good or better than Fox. The feel is different than a Fox and is hard to describe. But to me, the RS feels more natural or what I'd expect in a suspension design. It's a little more subtle.. it varies with the terrain in a way that I don't really notice what it's doing.. I just notice what it's not doing... bucking and other weird stuff that my Fox does when not setup just right. There was much less setup to get this fork dialed in and a shorter break in period compared to the Fox's I've had.
Great fork.

RS Reba SL of '07 or so.. a noodly mess comparatively... and Fox F and RLC forks on 26" bikes... which are good but different in feel.

[Nov 04, 2010]
headshot

Strength:

120mm travel option, very tunable plush suspension, stiffness aids steering precision, lock out with adjustable threshold

Takes a few rides to tune to your riding style

Was just what my bike needed to raise the front end a bit and give me the extra travel and geometry to take on the descents the way I like.

I could not believe the difference it made on a rocky jeep track descent that my Fox struggled with. Huge improvement on steep descents with jumps and drops.

An excellent product for less money than comparable Fox products in this country

Fox F100 5 years

[Oct 23, 2010]
dubdryver

Strength:

Stiff, very smooth modulation, fairly light, overall a very good fork, they best I have used to date!

When you remove the remote lockout, you lose the function completely, not really bothered by it because I never use the lockout

I have used quite a few shocks over the years, my Fox is still employed on my aluminum blur and works fine, but not nearly as smooth and supple as the Reba Team even when brand new!

The best feature, which is very common among RS forks is being able to utilize all of its travel w/o the feeling of it bottoming out. I have yet to get through 75% of my Fox! I really like that too because it doesn't even feel like I am using all of it (tested by the ring)...and it is just working w/o me noticing..thats how its suppose to be right? I have had no leaks or anything in 6 mo. it has just worked flawlessly and have recommended it to everyone looking for an upgrade.

I did have the dust seal pop out during a ride, but within 2 min, it was back in its proper place and haven't had a problem since! Forks and shocks are the one area I neglect maintenance..and I have to say, both the Fox and the New Rockshox are really doing things at a higher standard and both make very good quality products, but I just feel that the Reba just works better.

Another thing is the motion control (low speed compression) on it works very well (hints why I never need to lock it out). It didn't take me very long to get the fork setup and dialed in for me which can be a tedious process! Overall I love the way this fork works, and its a perfect match to such an amazing bike (Blur Carbon).

I am in the process to "going to the darkside" and building a Tallboy 29er. I will either be getting this fork or the XX which is exactly the same except that the XX has a hydralic lockout vs. wire actuated.

SID dual-air, REBA SL dual-air, Fox F120 RLC, Psylo

[Jul 15, 2010]
ted eames

Strength:

smooth and light
fast set up and easy to dial in

non yet

I rebuilt my frame, pulled all the parts off and sent to a full carbon hardtail and like it so I reparted this and wow

I should review crank( Awesome) and brakes Grams replaced some marta Sls( love em) and work as seamlessly as the fork

I love the extra 20 mm from my previos reba race 100, the added travel as it makes such a difference at speed

Now Pedal damit