RockShox Boxxer Team 2010 Forks

• Steerer Tube: Aluminum 1 1/8
  • Lowers: Magnesium, Maxle DH 20mm
  • Crown: Forged, 6061 T-6 aluminum

Josh   Downhiller [Dec 27, 2012]
Strength:

SMOOTH! very plush fork, every adjustment works as it should. Awesome weight and a nice amount if stiffness. Will tackle any terrain.

Rebound knob falls off! I lost mine on the trail, but this has been fixed in 2011, i upgraded to the 2011 rebound cartridge. high maintenance (as is fox 40). They have be known to come out of the box with no grease or splash lube. Hardly any purchase on spring top cap for a spanner/socket, bottom out knob grub screws round easy, bottom out adjustment is useless, wind it all the way offit just limits the final travel.

Very impressed with the boxxer, have had friends compliment these coming off 2010 world cups and fox 40s. While 40's do seem to get great reviews, I can't complain about the performance of the teams. I also prefer these of over world cups, as the world cups are very stiff initally and also ramp up too much. get the spring for your weight and service them about every month for best performance and you'll love these!

Similar Products Used: 2008 boxxer teams.
jmm337   Downhiller [Sep 06, 2011]
Strength:

Lots of adjustability. Stiff

Seal was leaking on very first ride, warranty sorted that out. Loads of stiction in the fork, felt like bushings were too tight, sent back to warranty another 3 times, but the problem never went away. Now the fork is under a year old and the sanctions are beginning to wear! This wont be replaced under warranty as its "normal wear and tear".

poor quality control. poor warranty.

Similar Products Used: 2009 Boxxers, marz 66
funkyfunpuff   Downhiller [May 03, 2011]
Strength:

Adjustability, Additional Springs Included with Order, Technical Resources Online.

Like everyone else, I was concerned that my fork would not have the correct amount of oil in it. So, on day one, I did a quick service. Like many other reviews I have read, my Boxxer didn’t have the correct amount of grease or fork oil. That kind of bummed me out, but I expected it after reading the reviews.

That being said, after I serviced the fork lowers, I have been 100% happy with the feel of the fork. In my option, the Boxxer rides so much nicer than what I ever got with my 888s. I have approximately 30hrs of riding on the fork and so far, I am very happy with my purchase. In addition, I have been bracketing the adjustments over the last two days and I am very happy with the setups I am able to achieve. I hope this information was helpful. Best of luck.

Similar Products Used: 2005 888 RC, 2006 888 RC2, 2007 888 WC
specilizedrider23   Downhiller [Jun 01, 2010]
Strength:

for is great love it

broke crown on lowers but was replaced under manfacture warranty falults in the metal.

sick fork get it worth every $

Shiro Utsuri   Weekend Warrior [Mar 11, 2010]
Strength:

Smoothness, adjustability, the looks

none, but i think it would be better if the stanchions is bigger. 38mm or 40mm would be more appealing.

better than Fox40 in terms of smoothness and adjustability. but in terms of after market product support here in the Philippines, I will say that Fox is number 1. but considering that both forks have the same service centers, I will say that Boxxer is a better fork.

Similar Products Used: 08 Fox 40, 2010 Fox 40
andyb721   Downhiller [Oct 29, 2009]
Strength:

Supple, Adjustability, stiff,

After hearing of all the trouble people were having with this fork I was a little worried. Once the update rebound and what not kits came out though I was all in. With all the problems going on I decided to rebuild before use. To my surprise it was unnecessary as the correct amount of oil was in these already and they felt great! I did lube up the bushings and the seals to get them nice a wet as I don't think they come lubed enough from the factory. But they had the same amount of lube as any other fork I have owned so they would have been fine... I just like em real wet! Great fork Rides super well, amazing traction but can also be set up to be lively as well.

Similar Products Used: 08 Totem, 08 Boxxer team, 07 Boxxer team, 07 Marzocchi 66
jase76   Downhiller [Oct 03, 2009]
Strength:

Light, Stiff, excellent adjustability and dampening.

Nil oil in lowers and no grease on seals from the factory.
Support from Monza in Australia (Importers) is poor, the warranty replacement parts are supposed to be sent out and fitted by either the LBS or the user (at least thats what I can gather occurred in the US). Instead Monza is forcing users to send the forks back to them for this service and making users pay postage as well, this also leads to more time off the bike waiting for postage etc. They have also been VERY quiet about the warranty parts most people I know who run these forks don't know there are free warranty replacement rebound carts available.

These are very good when they're working. As far as after sales support, I'd look for something different if you're in Australia.
My next shock and fork will most likely not be Rockshox products, I'll more than likely go with BOS, extra $$ but far better levels of quality control and customer service.
If it was simply based on the ride of the Fork they'd get 5 chillis from me, but after the shenanigans from the Australian Distributor of Rockshox I simply can't give a higher review than 3 chillies. Its shabby, you've lost a customer.

Similar Products Used: 07 Boxxer Race. 08 Boxxer World Cup. 08 Travis.
8664   Weekend Warrior [Sep 21, 2009]
Strength:

light stiff plush

no lubrications in from factory, but after a rebuild "small service at home" the fork works smooth!!

i like the beginning and ending rebound best fork for the money!

Similar Products Used: none!