Marzocchi 66 RC3 2010 Forks

Marzocchi 66 RC3 2010 Forks

• Steel Spring
  • Alloy Steer Tube and Crown
  • 38mm Alloy Stanchions
  • 8” Post Mount (Max Disc 9”)

[Oct 21, 2011]
andykrow
Downhiller

Strength:

Not too heavy, looks great, stiffest zoke yet, great feel

a bit, just a bit weak in the mid stroke.

I'll stick with this fork for a while. Super plush and just FLOATS when you're really hauling. I mean this is a serious downhill fork. I got it to replace a 66 vf2 that developed a clunk, and it's superior in every way except the feel off of drops. which is sort of a bummer... this fork feels like it blows through the mid stroke on drops and then ramps up a little to quick at the end. End result being it feels a little harsher on the hits than my old 66. maybe I don't have it dialed yet. But I've always heard that about vf2 vs rc2/rc2x/rc3 - it does a little better on the single slow hit type thing.

But the rest of the performance is soooo good I really don't care. High speed shop just disappears and I'm riding faster than I ever have before.

I may, just may get the avalanche cartridge for this thing. but I'll give it another season first.

66 vf2, fox 36, older sherman, z1's, all sorts of stuff

[Aug 23, 2011]
norcorider95
Downhiller

Strength:

they look sweet, take anything, a lot of adjustment, easy axle system, simple forks. good old marzocchis

so heavy but hey, just put lighter components on i guess

2 of my mates have them so i thought id give them a go. one of them had his on a big hit like mine and i loved them, they feel so good. they dont use all theyre travel because they dont need to, they re-act to small bumps, i liked them so much i got myself a pair and i am yet to ride them.

i only paid 150 gbp which is a bargain!

but mine have been converted from atas to rc3s

domain 318, marzocchi 55r, 66ata

[Dec 10, 2010]
South OC DH
Downhiller

Strength:

This fork has all the adjustments you would need. Only have two rides on it and already can tell a HUGH difference from my old Fox Van R. This is one of the forks Brian Lopes rides.

No performance weakness. But Marzocchi still has a lot of turns on their adjustment knobs.

This fork is a monster! The 66RC3 is a coil/air fork with 38mm uppers, a big crown and a lot of adjustments. I am 210lbs with riding gear and the factory coil did the job. The air chamber is super small, so the difference between 0psi and 15psi will lock the fork out. I put 5 psi in and the fork is perfect. This coil almost seemed too plush, but when I got into the 4-7in travel mark, the travel firmed up. It has a pre-load adjustment which will firm up the first couple of inches of travel. This fork has 1 compression adjustment, not a high and a low speed. But my mechanic said there is a Hi/Lo speed dampener that will self adjust with the little bumps and the big hits. I love this fork and cant wait untill Mammoth and Keystone!

Fox Vanilla RC, Fox Van R 160mm