Manitou Minute MRD 2010 Forks

Manitou Minute MRD 2010 Forks

[May 09, 2016]
cohenfive

Strength:

Light, and when it works, nice responsive fork.

I've had a couple of occasions where parts literally flew off the fork, taking it out of commission for weeks at a time. Parts these days are hard to come by, and tech support has been a mixed bag. First time they told us the wrong part number for repairs, then next time they turned around and sent us the (hopefully) right parts free of charge. I just want to get back riding.

Great when working, not sure why my abs+ cap keeps blowing off the fork...

[Jul 06, 2011]
SGexpat

Strength:

Light, usable travel, track nicely, seals.

None so far

I really like this fork, feels smooth through the travel, compliant over small bumps and was relatively easy to dial in. Replaced the R7's which are good race forks but flexy, and the improvement to the turn-in and stability of the whole front end is really noticeable. It really feels like the front wheel is now laser-guided and tracks the terrain. No reliability issues so far.

Rockshox recon Solo Air, Manitou R7

[Oct 06, 2010]
thnkfst

Strength:

Super smooth, light eats up the rocks and bumps perfectly

Took a while to dial but once I foud the perfect settings it performs well

I'm real happy with this fork. It performs better than any Fox Fork I've ridden

Fox Talas

[Jun 02, 2010]
GlazedHam

Strength:

Stiff, Light, Full Travel, variable platform, warranty

None on this model, but I had 2007 version of this fork that made a clicking sound.

I had some problems getting the upgraded damper in my older Manitou fork installed by my local mechanic. Manitou ask me to send it to them ...at their expense. Unexpectedly and completely beyond the scope of the warranty (and without me asking), Manitou sent me the 2010 model at no cost. They even Fed Ex-ed it!!!. I don't recall ever mentioning any urgency, so it simply blew me away. It did come two days before our State Championship, maybe they monitor these things ...who knows.

Having said all that ...I may be a bit biased :) The fork is buttery smooth, super lite and stiff. I have not yet got full travel, but I just haven't hit anything big enough. To be honest I have not measured how much travel I'm getting. But a visual inspection of the marker indicates that I'm getting a lot more than the Fox Talas is getting. The best thing about the fork, relative to other forks, is the platform adjustment. I like being able to tune the fork during the ride without a pump.

The fork is so good, I'm thinking of replacing my DT Swiss rear shock with a Manitou.

I've used just about every fork out there since the beginning of suspension. Presently, I've got a Fox Talas and RockShox Sid SL.