Fox Shox 32 Talas 150 FIT RLC 2010 Forks

32 Talas 150 FIT RLC

For 2010, this all-around trail fork is also available with 150mm of adjustable travel and optimized spring curves for each travel setting. Our completely new FIT damper inside the RLC model combined with the ultra-stiff chassis featuring our 15QR thru axle system provides the 32 TALAS with incredible front-end traction and steering precision. The package is topped off with an ergonomically improved, forged aluminum TALAS lever for confidence inspiring travel adjustments on the fly.

Magnus-A   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2010]
Strength:

High quality feel in materials and feels well put together.
150mm travel.
Adjustable travel.

STICTION, and lots of of it! Travel is very notchy!
25+ hours of brake in time and still very sticky.
Some foxfluid under the seals helps, but not much and for about 30 minutes of riding only.

Disapointed is the overall feel unfortunately!
My frameset came with the 2010 Talas RLC and it had lots and lots of stiction! And it felt quite harsh in midstroke. So I thought I play it safe and get a coilsprung 2010 Vanilla RLC fork to get the ultimate in plushness and low stiction. Well that didn't happen!!
Both Talas and Vanilla took big hits good but 2010 FIT dampers seams to be a huge downer for Fox.
So now I am on a RS Team Revelation and it is great, especially for beeing an airfork! Much better match to my RP23.

Similar Products Used: Vanilla RLC, Several Marzocchi and a few RS
dearbornfarm   Weekend Warrior [Dec 06, 2009]
Strength:

Adjustable Travel
15mm QR
Lockout Force Setting
FIT Damper

None, nada, zilch

The GT Force 1.0 was a great bike with the stock Fox Float 32 "R" fork, but when I installed the Talas it was converted to an outstanding bike. It climbed well stock, but the Talas shows what a difference having "on the fly" adjustable travel can be. Make a tight turn, see a climb staring you in the face, hit the talas travel adjust and off you go. Crest the hill, hit the talas to extend the fork, off you go. Not sure how this years Talas compares to previous years, but this fork has any adjustment you could reasonable want in an All Mountain bike. If you buy it, you won't be disappointed. Props to Mikes Bikes, got the fork with a free Chris King Headset, and 20% off both for less than $700.00. Factor in the cost of the headset and the price of the fork is unbeatable, still not cheap but worth the cost for me. Awesome

Similar Products Used: Fox Float 32 "R"
Mr Yeti   Weekend Warrior [Dec 01, 2009]
Strength:

Amazing tunability, light weight, TALAS feature works awesome.

None so far

Great fork even for the price. I was nervous coming from a pretty stiff, plush 170mm fork. No need. This tracks just as well as my 66, and is just as plush. In fact I think I'm faster on this than I was on my previous bike. This matches the BLTc stiffness with ease. Great fork.

I'm 190 pounds and I'm running between 90-95 psi, depending on the trail.

Similar Products Used: Z1 Fr, Z150, 66SL, 2009 36, 2009 32 9mm axle,
dcpowpow   Weekend Warrior [Nov 05, 2009]
Strength:

Ride, stability, adjustability, weight.

None yet
Price

The front tracks perfect all the time now. I feel like I have more traction and even climbing I am actually using the 150mm mode most of the time and it helps becasue it is so smooth over the bumps. I am really stoked and I highly recommend this fork. Expensive, but amazing.

Similar Products Used: Fox RLC Float 32, 140mm
rshalit   Cross Country Rider [Jun 09, 2009]
Strength:

much lighter than previous due to FIT; full travel without PUSH modification; works exactly as I want it to! Outstanding! 15 mm QR also rocks (literally & figuratively!) Wow. Can't say enough.

Low speed compression dial still rotates occasionally with lockout lever, however I fixed this (see link below)

Worth every penny! (see original detailed review in MTBR Ibis Forum at http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=519456)