Fox Shox 32 Talas 140 FIT RLC 2010 Forks

32 Talas 140 FIT RLC

Master the mountain using the 2012 Fox 32 Talas 140 FIT RLC disc fork. A re-tooled FIT RLC damper and improved air spring curves provide more usable travel with lower compression ratios for better performance and durability.

MCHEEN   Weekend Warrior [Aug 10, 2011]
Strength:

Easy to use external travel adjuster.

Plushness, lateral stiffness,

It's quite a good deal between epic climb and need of a medium-long travel fork. Anyways, if you don't really need that adjustibility that much go for fixed travel (or with an internal adjuster) for, felt a lotss more stable and stiff laterally.

Similar Products Used: Revelation
sarvis   Cross Country Rider [Jun 15, 2011]
Strength:

Plush, reasonably light, adjustable everything

Loving this shock. I don't know how I rode all those years without one. I've always ridden XC-specific rigs that were light and twitchy and although the R7 and Duke were both great shock in their own rights, neither compares to the confidence of the TALAS. Crank it down and lock it out for climbing and my 5-inch trail bike climbs with the best, but open it up to the full 150 and I'm suddenly able to fly through the rock gardens and rail the loose rubble. Fricking amazing shock.

Similar Products Used: Manitou R7 Elite, Rock Shox Duke, Fox TALAS 36
Jay04cobra   Weekend Warrior [Jun 20, 2010]
Strength:

Full travel, but never feels like it bottoms. Good rebound dampening, even though I run more pressure it still has enough rebound dampening

Heavier riders won't be able to achieve proper sag without bottoming

I feel this is an outstanding fork. My only opmplaint is that I'm 225lbs+gear, and I run 110psi in this fork. At 110psi I get almost 0 sag, but can use all the travel on a big hit. The good thing is I never notice if I use 75% travel, or use 99% travel. The fork flat out works. Have thought about sending the fork out to PUSH as I also need to send the rear shock out to get just a smidge more rebound dampening. Not unexpected for a big guy that rides hard.

Similar Products Used: multiple air and coil sprung lefty forks
CasteelG   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2009]
Strength:

Stiff, plush, and easy to adjust.

None.

This fork is sick.

There are some notable improvements over last year's model.
The two that I've noticed most are the much improved spring curve and low speed compression.

The new spring curve allows me to adjust my fork to a much greater degree and still get full travel.

The low speed compression is amazing this year. I have mine set to half (4 clicks) for most of the riding I do and it drastically reduces brake dive and gives me a noticeable platform for pedaling but has very little effect on the plushness in the initial stroke. On certain rides, I'll back it out to full soft and I could swear that the fork is coil sprung. :)

Another thing I've noticed, is that this fork is much better with chatter than last years. Another very big + for me.

This is easily the best all around fork I've ever used. I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a mid-travel fork.