Fox Shox 32 Float 140 RL 2010 Forks

• New Ergonomic lockout lever (RLC only)
  • New Lighter 1.5" crown
  • Optional 1.5" taper steerer
  • 15QR Thru axle system lower leg option
  • Post style disc brake mounting

TwoHeadsBrewing   Weekend Warrior [Mar 31, 2011]
Strength:

Rides nice and smooth, with good adjustments via air pressure and rebound damping.

Have to ship to Fox to have work done on it. Seals/Bushings worn out in under 3 months...maybe 20 rides.

Definitely the best fork I've owned, which I guess isn't saying much. However, I abused my RockShox Tora 318 for a year and only had to replace the fork seals ($25 and about 45 minutes in my garage). I took my bike back to the shop and they said that with Fox forks they need to send it back to Watsonville. Fox received the fork and can't get to it until next week, meanwhile the weather has finally cleared up and here I am without a bike for what looks to be at least two weeks.

It's not the shops fault of course, but what is so complicated that Fox requires all forks to be sent to them for work? I've taken apart Fox, Rockshox, and even motorcycle forks and replaced all sorts of bushings, seals and valves in a matter of minutes. Just about any shop tech should be able to handle that and would be done in a day or two. And besides that fact, I haven't put many hours on the fork for it to be needing to be repaired. I'm a primarily XC/Trail rider, nothing extreme. This has me thinking I'll be going back to a RockShox product next time.

Similar Products Used: Tora 318 SoloAir, Dart3
taletotell   Weekend Warrior [Mar 31, 2011]
Strength:

Smooth and fast over small bumps. Light.

Lack of adjustment. Flexy on rough fast descents.

This fork (the 150mm tapered version) came stock on my 2010 Diamondback Mission 2. The dampening was very smooth and the adjustments worked well, but it's more an xc fork that can do some all mountain than an all mountain fork. It handles small bumps beautifully, but dives on hard corners and flexes on rough fast descents. More adjustment might make the difference for the diving. The RLC is probably perfect when it comes to this.
If you are an xc rider who wants more travel this might be the fork for you but I think the low and high speed compression adjustments would make buying the RLC well worth it.

Similar Products Used: Vanilla 32 RLC, Marzocchi EXR air.
lebikerboy   Weekend Warrior [Aug 17, 2010]
Strength:

Light, stiff with 15mm quick release axle, just plain works.

More money yet higher value than the crappy competition?

Works as designed and is the best in this category...

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Psylo which this replaced.
shuperstar   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 2010]

This fork is on my 2010 sortie 3. But mine is the 130mm travel. It seems pretty good. The adjustments all work smoothly and with a fox you can't go wrong. However, it does seem to get a little unstable when I'm flying down on the single track, but I guess its not a downhill fork. My marzocchi 44 tst2 air has all the same features and seems to be just as plush but a lot cheaper! Fox has good products but they might be a little over priced.