Fox Shox 32 F-Series RL 2010 Forks

• New Lockout force adjust knob location (RLC only)
  • New Ergonomic lockout lever (RLC only)
  • 15QR Thru axle system lower leg option
  • Post style disc brake mounting
  • Integrated disc brake cable guide (only disc only lowers)

zbyna   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2011]
Strength:

Supple enough to be able to take a series of obstacles at one go.

Very poor coating of the stanchions

Having used it for about 4 months, it would be very ina ppropriate to make any judgements as to its perfomance what so ever. But I must say I´ve been very disappointed as along as the stanchions are considered, as I´ve written in the weaknesses column. Mine got a scratch after about 4 moths of riding, thankfully in the upper part of the the leg, but its sometching I wouldn´t expextct a high end product should suffer. To be honest, I dont know what it might have caused. I´m gonna get a marzocchi fork with nickel coating next time, which is said to to be well-nigh scratch-proof.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi bombers
OVERALL
RiftZone   Weekend Warrior [May 27, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, plush, light. Rebound adjustment actually works.
I upgraded from a 2005 Fox F32 RL, ran with that fork with no problems and very reliable for 5 years, so I went with the same Fork for 2010. The '05 Fork never used up it's full 100mm travel and taking big hits was not it's strong suit, you can feel the sting on the handlebar from the hits. But this 2010 Fork is a big improvement, the shock feels more linear in travel and on my very first ride on the trail, I noticed the fork uses the full 100mm travel. It definitely is lighter than the '05 fork and better too at absorbing small bumps on slow rides, which is the biggest improvement for me.

Initial sticky stanchions out of the box, but after 2 rides it's very smooth. Because it's more compliant on small bumps, it is prone to fork dive when I tap on my front brakes. Nothing else to whine about this fork, I'm really please with it.

This is a great fork, I was interested in the new FIT equipped Fox, but after reading reviews on the MTBR.com forum, alot of owners mentioned a long break-in period with sticky stanchions, which is probably why Fox introduced the 2011 models with the new Kashima coated stanchions.

RockShox SID are lighter but pricier, the Fox are only a few grams heavier and with the 2010's on sale now, you can't beat their value, great performance and reliability.

Similar Products Used: 2005 Rock Shox Reba Team, 2004 Fox TALAS, 2005 Fox F32 RL, Manitou Mars C, Rock Shox SID Team.
OVERALL