White Brothers Magic-29 80 QR 2009 Forks

• Travel: 80mm
  • Spring: Linear Air Spring
  • Stanchions: 32mm
  • Steerer Tube: 250mm x 1 1/8"
  • Axle-to-Crown: 483mm

Dion   Cross Country Rider [Nov 28, 2009]
Strength:

Stiff and as close to going rigid without sacrificing travel, The IMV mechanism actually WORKS, looks great, "set-it and forget-it" adjustment.

Tuning takes a little time and finding the correct setting for the rider.

Hey... look at that! First review!

I paid $380 incl. shipping, so I feel I got a screaming deal on this.

My favorite thing about this fork is the IMV mechanism. It's something that claims to "eliminate bobbing" on climbs and sprints and then goes plush on the descends. By golly, the thing actually works! Lends itself nicely to the low maintenance single-speed set-up. I actually prefer this to having a lock out because I hate messing with it - trying to figure out whether I want it locked or not. Also, nothing is worse than bombing down a hill and realizing your fork is locked out.

The 80mm of travel also works very nicely on the 29'er, given that many are going rigid on the 29'er. It's just the right amount of travel for the type of "exploration" riding I like to do.

The drawback on this fork is trying to find the right adjustment for you (after break-in), but once you get it, you just leave it. But for most suspension forks, they're pretty much all going to be that way.

Great fork, great value and it works. No complaints!