SR Suntour SF9-Epicon XC TAD 15 2009 Forks

• Design: 15mm through axle / Disc only design
  • Dustseal: Metal inserted type
  • Crown: Alloy

jpeters   Weekend Warrior [Jan 13, 2011]
Strength:

cheap

Made poorly

Well I would say for the price it is ok its not that great and looks cheap. The dust seals are not tight so dirt goes behind them very easy and that can scratch the fork. If I compare it to a fox fork that I have sitting in front of me now it looks like a toy. The only reason I purchased this fork was because I was being inpatient and the reviews seemed good. Obviously the people reviewing the fork never used a good fork this thing is so chincy lol. Yeah so the Epicon is good for the price but its not that good like everyone is saying it is a cheap fork you get what you pay for lol. So if you are on a budget than his fork is ok but I would go with a rock shox recon or something because this thing is chincy. Just a waste of money and it looks so cheap compared to others. I would rather save longer next time and get a good fork

Similar Products Used: Fox
OVERALL
Sebastian   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 2009]
Strength:

great price
adjustable travel from 100 to 140mm
performs great
looks

I've been using this fork for a while now, and I'm still very happy with it. I had a Suntour Epicon RLD on my XC HT and it was a good and reliable fork, so I decided to go for the Epicon XC Tad when building up my All Mountain Fully, also because I could get it for a really good price.

It is not the lightest fork in its category, but with around 1800g I nthink it is absolutely ok for a fork with 140mm travel.
It is pretty responsive, so small bumps are absorbed quite good, but it works even better when the terrain is getting a bit heavier, after finding a good setup I never had the feeling of reaching the end of the 140mm travel too fast, I always ride with the lowest possible rebound damping, otherwise it gets too slow for my taste, but in theory it is quite widely adjustable.

The remote Travel adjust is a great feature and works very well, just pull the triger on your handlebar and put a bit of preassure on the front wheel and you can reduce the travel to 100mm steplessly. The System works very reliable so far.

Although it does not have as many features as other forks I think it is absolutely on eye level with some of it's higher priced competitors