RockShox Tora Race 2009 Forks

• Updated, Tora 1-piece magnesium lower legs
  • 9x100mm quick release dropouts

[Aug 19, 2009]
gfourth

Strength:

Great adjustability, relatively light for the price, nice and plush ride

wish it didn't have the vbrake mounts... but that's just cosmetic

Bought this to replace the faulty 08 dart3 the bike originally had. The ride is much smoother. Love the adjustability, especially with the air model. I fine tuned the PSI to match my weight (it comes with a handy fork pump). Compression adjustment is awesome– You can adjust the travel anywhere from 0"- 4". So you can lock it out for climbs, go full travel on the way down, and anywhere between. I like to give it half the compression for climbs that are rocky.

The air model is great for XC use. Good value from rockshox, if you want to upgrade the crappy fork on your entry level hardtrail you can't go wrong with the Tora race.

dart3

[Jun 20, 2009]
taputah

Strength:

Much lighter than my previous shocks. The white looks brilliant. V-brake bosses much stiffer than Marzocchi. Adjusts easily and I can tune it perfect even being 240lbs. Love it

Don't know of any yet. Only had it for a short while, but so far it's the best shock I've owned.

Hopefully this one lasts for a little while because not only does it look awesome on my bike, it performs really well. I love the turn key compression and the feel of the easiness of the solo air. Great shock!

Zocchi MX Supercomp, RST Gila, Manitou from '96.

[Feb 07, 2009]
fatperson32

Strength:

Rebound dampening works very well, quite plush, adjustable air spring, light, compression

Not stiff at all...there is very noticable flex. Compression has to be turned about halfway for any difference in compression.

This is quite a good fork. I was lucky enough to get this for free after my previous Dart 3's failed 3 times. While this fork is not stiff and has a tendency to flex, it is quite plush and can be used for some DJ if you put the psi way up. The graphics on the fork are not great but look nice. The Motion Control dampening system is great, with adjustable low speed compression and rebound. Overall a very good fork for the money

Rockshox Dart 3 (worst fork ever)

[Nov 22, 2008]
largeMarv

Strength:

The compression is great. You can fully lock out the fork for any uphill battles, then open up for the descent.

None so far

Overall, this fork is the shiznit!! I'm a big guy (6'1", 215 lbs) and the fork handles very well. I got this fork to replace one which I broke, and this one seems to handle anything I throw at it. I would recommend the Tora to any rider, whether you're into XC epic rides or you're into free riding.