Marzocchi 44 TST2 2009 Forks

• Lock Out Compression Rebound
  • Air Spring
  • 32mm Stanchion Tubes

ziggler   Weekend Warrior [Jan 13, 2011]
Strength:

Light, lock out, air damper and just looks great

Not as smooth as high end forks.

Great fork for the price. This was brand new on ebay for only $150. The fork has been flawless. Going over baby skull rocks was no problem. The lockout has different stages so you can go full to half to open and anything in between. I have it at 120mm but I will be raising it up to the full 140mm to take advantage of full travel. Setting it up was new for me but it didn't take a master's in engineering. Great for XC and trail riders. Not a real freeride or downhill fork.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Tora, Dart,
j-everetts   Cross Country Rider [Apr 18, 2010]
Strength:

solid performer so far, its smooth, and the price was right.

limited info in owners booklet.

For the price this fork has done nothing but impress.I have put over 250 mile on this fork and havent had an issue yet. I have ridden mainly in the middle tennessee area, rocks and roots mixed with nice manicured singletrack. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a smooth, fairly light, CHEEP, air adjustable XC/TRAIL front fork . If this fork continues to perform like it is for a couple years or so I will be using marzocchi products on my future bikes.

Similar Products Used: marzocchi 22 LO
flsurflocal   Weekend Warrior [Feb 21, 2010]
Strength:

chunky

could be lighter

Really like this fork. Ive only used it a couple of times but I am very impressed. Unlike past marzocchis, I'm able to use pretty close to all of my travel. Fork does have some stiction but that is normal with a new fork. That should improve as it breaks in. I like the plushyness and that you can hear the oil squish around internally. Tst2 knob is fine. Held on by ruber oring. Cant speak about the realibility.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi 33 tst2
gdelio   Weekend Warrior [Aug 25, 2009]
Strength:

Quite rigid

Not working smooth

After 3 months of daily but normal use, this shocker started not to work smooth. The shocker has a bite feeling for the first 2-3cm of travel... Shocker doesnt work at all for little bumps...as soon as i hit something bigger or press down with my weight shocker is depressed but with a bite effect. I send it to repair shop but came back without being fixed as they said this is normal !!!. I decided to open it and lubricate the seal rings.. still nothing changed...I also tried with different air pressure and rebound settings... still nothing

Mr.Treeve   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2009]
Strength:

Looks pretty good, good technologies, size and strength (chunky 140mm Bombers)

Still taking it back to the shop as it is losing air

Purchased as part of custom rebuild.
Good price, correct spec, but has not worked propoerly since the first serious ride out.
After 50 miles XC (southdowns way, UK), the air pressure has droppped from the 52Psi set at the begining of the ride, to 20Psi or nothing (fully down).
It's gone back to the shop every week since getting it as I only get to prove it out on the weekend (when it fails again).
So far, valve was checked and reset, oil changed and set.
Top core stanchion cap replaced, now waiting for full strip and rebuild to check inner air seal and components (outer dust seals are fine).
I bought this to replace my MX Pro 120mm on the Enduro as I wanted to run longer travel and larger (180mm) rotors.
2004 built MX Pro has been faultless and only properly serviced this year!
2009 44 TST2, designed in Italy, lowers cast in Taiwan and assembled in Taiwan from the original suppliers component parts (I.E. Seals etc), and I'm assured tha the open bath technology etc is the same reliable sort used in the older models. Somewhere there is an issue as my end result is not having confidence in this fork to last the ride duration.
When the air is in though it does rock and roll! ME LOVE DA SMOOTHYNESS!!

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi MX Pro 120mm ETA (great fork), Rock Shox Recon SL 100mm LO
Morpheus239   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2009]
Strength:

Good Fork for the money with an air spring. TST2 is quick and easy to use. Not too heavy at 4.5 lbs (2040 grams)

The TST2 knob feels loose. Sometimes (rarely) the fork feels alittle clunky. Rebound knob take about 20 turns to adjust.

Well this is my first air spring fork and I was pretty impressed. They feel pretty smooth and perform well on my entry level bike. Since my bike is entry level I did not want to spend a ton of money on the fork so I thought these were a good fit. Well I think I was right. At times they seem alittle clunky but overall a great easy to adjust fork. It takes 3 to 4 foot drops with easy(with me at 200 lbs) and on the trail are pretty darn smooth. The Lock-out works great but the TST2 knob on mine feels a little loose. Well so far so good with these, I think they are great for the price