Manitou R7 Elite TPC 2009 Forks

• Crown: Hollow Aluminum
  • Steer Tube Material: Butted Aluminum
  • Maximum Tire Width: 2.3

landshark   Cross Country Rider [Jul 13, 2009]

It's light, has a smooth stroke, it's stiff and it looks awesome.

None found yet.

This fork replaced an ancient Manitou. Obviously, there is no comparison. This fork is smooth, light and precise. I can put my bike anywhere I want it to go. To me, the measure of good suspension is front tire traction. Since I ride mostly technical trails and x-country, the more the front tire is in contact with the trail, the faster I can go. This fork definitely delivers on that expectation.

This is not a big hit fork, or a DH fork. Most the trails I'm riding are technical enough to keep you from going much faster than 10 or 11 mph. When they do open up, your legs are the limiting factor; we don't have big hills out here in the midwest.

I can't give 5 chilis because I have to admit my experience with suspension forks is not extensive. To me, this is a great fork. I've been riding this bike since '96 and it has never been better. The fork looks awesome - I'm a sucker for a beautiful white paint job and tasteful graphics.