Magura Durin Race 2009 Forks

The Magura Durin Race fork is a durable, lightweight cross-country fork that positioned itself with the top of the class in 2008. For 2009, it carries over in the line. Magura elected to keep the Dual Arch Design (DAD) on the Durin, refusing to cut that down in the search for weight savings, arguing that the added stiffness will more than make up for the extra weight. Stiff lowers track better, which makes us faster more than a few fewer grams will help us climb better.

Nozes   Racer [Jun 28, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff,plush,very good damping,easy to set up...light

Stickers! Do not pressure wash or they will fly away
The included remote lockout lever,doesn't even look designed by the same people,it is just wrong,fragile,not ergonomic at all...I don't use anyway.
Also not cheap,but definitly worth it.

This is the best fork I ever owned.So much better than the Sid Race,very plush and with much better feeling and confort,and still tracks better.
The remote lever is not what you would expect from a company like Magura,but I guess a Poploc from RS should work fine with this awesome suspension.

Similar Products Used: RS Sid XC '00,RS Recon SL '08,RS Sid Race '09
garzaaj   Cross Country Rider [Nov 04, 2009]
Strength:

I can tell you that this fork has performed above and beyond my expectations and then some. I ride a Specialized Hardrock Comp (Hardtail) and I felt nothing but the want to go faster down a hill few dare to do unless they had a full suspension bike.

I wish my fork came with a lockout switch, but thats no biggy, Ill just get one later.

Before this fork, my back was hurting from all the muscle I had to put into it. But an air Suspension fork with 100 mm of travel is more than you need to get any job done whether your dropping 2-5 ft ledges down a tricky single track or blazing through a rock garden that would make stonehenge look like cake. A Must have for Cross Country Racing!!!

Similar Products Used: None
GarySimp   Racer [Sep 16, 2009]
Strength:

Extremely fast in sharp corners. Very Responsive. Easy lockout feature.

By far the most responsive light weight fork I have ever owned.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Revelation
Fox F80
sasquatch2   Cross Country Rider [Aug 28, 2009]
Strength:

very plush but not too bouncy during hard efforts out of the saddle. lockout is awesome to have and the pre-sag feature seems to work in keeping traction while locked but I try to unlock when I'm in the bumps. Stiffness is great so it tracks well and it's light.

getting sick of white forks, I have ta stop buying them in white... I agree with the cheap sticker comment but most forks come with them so... only other weakness is the lockout lever takes a bit of thumb-effort. an assumed weakness (luckilly not experienced yet) is the lockout lever/mount seems like it sticks out so far that it would break in a bad crash, maybe.

lightweight and strong fork that works awesome and the price ain't bad!