Fox Shox 36 Van-R 2009 Forks

36 Van-R

• 20 mm QR system
  • Coil spring preload
  • Rebound adjust
  • Hydraulic bottom out resistance in damper

South OC DH   Downhiller [Nov 18, 2010]
Strength:

Easy to change spring, super smooth uppers, good selection of springs so Fox makes one for your weight. Its a Fox Shock, so its super low maintanance and its dummy proof!

Its a basic 160mm fork. No Hi/Lo speed compression.

This fork is good for riders who want more travel, both for DH and free riding. It is pretty versitile for climbs too. I have poped my front wheel up only a couple time on climbs. What you get for the price, Great deal! I bought a 2010 Marzocchi 66RC3 for bike parks, but i still use my 36 for local riding.

Similar Products Used: Fox Van RC, Marzocchi 66RC3
Coolhandluke   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2009]
Strength:

Plush travel, easy to set up

painful service shcedule

Plush travel super fork and way way better then my Pikes for hardly any more weight.
The fork comes with additional springs too (unlike Rockshox) so its easy to make it fit your riding style / weight.
These forks take everything I've thrown at them from DHing in Morzine to XCing around the Peak District.
Great fork.
Not cheap though..£600

Similar Products Used: Pike's, Revelation's, Reba's
rastafloe88   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2009]
Strength:

Stiff, stable, no-frill design.
Black diamond color
easy thru-axle design

nil

Lives up to how fox describes it. I am a fan of simplicity and function and this fork encompasses that entirely. All these adjustments these days divert our attention from riding. Coil spring is sturdy and simple, dial in the rebound and forget about it. This thing is my insurance really. Much of my riding is xc, but i am thirsty for hucks, drops and step downs. It will take care of you like a good mother. Mine weighs 5lbs even which is a nice surprise. buy it and ride it.