Fox Shox 32 Vanilla R 2009 Forks

• Adjustability: Rebound, Coil Spring Pressure
  • Travel: 140mm
  • Axle Type: Quick Release
  • Steer Tube Diameter: 1 1/8"
  • Brake Mount Type: Disc Only
  • Spring: Coil

willhouse207   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2011]
Strength:

plush, stiff

9mm qr

Just got it so i'm still in the honey moon phase. I'm loving it though. Much smoother than my old psylo, Gained 15mm of travel and barley affected my head tube angle. More travel, coil/oil instead of air, bigger sanctions, and it doesn't weigh any more according to my bathroom scale. Very stiff in the corners and inspires confidence. 9mm qr isn't ideal, but it allowed me to keep my current wheels.

Lack of compression adjustment is kinda a bummer, but its also the reason I could afford it. For value i give it 5 flamin chilis, but that probably wouldn't be the case new

Similar Products Used: older rs psylo
ralbert007   Weekend Warrior [Oct 28, 2010]
Strength:

Nice look, Stiff, super smooth, excellent reliability, light

mm..none so far

Excellent fork! First I was a little dissapointed with the way it work..It was a little hard (I thought that the spring was too hard for my weight) but a couple of rides later it softened enough. Just perfect.. I'm really don't need either lookout or compression control..

Similar Products Used: Fox F100RL, RS Recon Race, RST Gila
davytmaxx   Weekend Warrior [Dec 30, 2008]
Strength:

very solid dependable fork,does what it says on the box. i have the 15mm axle version on hope pro 2 hub with 185mm disc hope minis and i have felt ero flex on front end of bike under all kinds of terrain and braking. very smooth action and damping fits in really well with riding style for the fork. 15mm axle is so easy and fast to use but mega secure when done up,can't go far wrong once it's been setup first time which is dead easy too.

would like compression and lock out or even if it could be done as an upgrade at a later date

great fork for fit and forget i reckon in long run,great travel and feels strong enough for intended use,would buy again

Similar Products Used: used to be bike tech in large shop so ridden most of themincluding other fox and worked on them all too.
Ericmopar   Weekend Warrior [Nov 11, 2008]
Strength:

It's the most rigid, 140mm quick release fork, I've ever ridden on.
Nothing really to go wrong with it, because it only has rebound and preload adjustments.
No stiction in our dry dusty conditions. It works consistently throughout a ride, without having to wipe down the stanchions.
It comes with firmer and softer spring rates and a star nut.
The rebound circuit, has a wide range of adjustment.
Light weight, for a coil fork in this travel range.

The compression damping, can only be changed with a change in oil weight. (I haven't found a reason so far, to change the compression damping.)

It just plain works. It's one of, if not the most rigid 140mm fork with 32 mm stanchions that I've ridden on.
It also stays extremely sensitive throughout a long ride in dusty conditions.
It tracks very well in sand and rock gardens.
I don't know if I'd freeride on it, but it's a helluva good, heavy duty, trail bike/extreme XC fork.
The new post mounts for the brake caliper, make setup and install much easier. That's one thing, that Hayes and Manitou had gotten right years ago.
The Vanilla 32 140R, is a great match with my Swinger coil on the rear. The bike is extremely well balanced now.
Buy it, if you want a simple fork that works well without a lot of crap added to it.
It's also a fantastic choice, if you ride really rocky, chunky terrain.

I'm giving it 4.5 chili's overall, because I honestly don't believe, there is anything like it in it's class.
It would get 5, if it came with compression adjust without a lockout.

Similar Products Used: Manitou Minutes.
Rock Shox Pike.(demo)It had a nice feel.