RockShox Dart 2 2008 Forks

• Lowers: Aluminium
  • Crown: Forged, pocketed 6061 T-6 Aluminium
  • Steerer Tube: Steel

ggg557   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2011]
Strength:

absorbs shock pretty well, strong, design, and cheap. v brake options!

heavy, very soft! leaks oil sometimes

this fork is good, if u are tight on a budget, they are strong but heavy. can stand the whole day at the trails without problems. these are very strong, i ride pretty hard, and these forks are great xc trail forks. even works well on heavy trails. get this fork if you are on a tight budget, but if u can, get a rock shox tora or sid, those are great.

Similar Products Used: sr suntour xcr, xcm.
LaiT   Cross Country Rider [Aug 18, 2010]

fdf

nell7806   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2009]
Strength:

very low price...

very heavy...

For starters who's not that techy either for those people with a very tight budget, this may fit but not for those who's kinda jumpy...needs to be checked at least every 3months...

dbong87   Weekend Warrior [Feb 27, 2009]
Strength:

Entry level fork, responsive enough

NONE, but I know I will grow out of it eventually, serves its purpose as entry level.

Great if you're at an entry level. You might look for something on the higher end if you are an advance rider.

SteelVW   Cross Country Rider [Jan 20, 2009]
Strength:

Cheap

It fell apart

This fork originally came on my bike. From day one, the fork began to give me problems. Fork continually made a rattling noise from the lower left leg. My friends would laugh saying that riding with me made them feel as if parts were falling of my bike by the loud rattling noise. Took it to the shop, and my only option was to send it in. For the price that it would have cost me to send it in, it was cheaper to buy a new fork. Once the fork was changed, i realized how heavy this piece of junk was. I would never buy this fork ever! 3 chilies just because its better than nothing, but 1 chili because it sucks!!!

Similar Products Used: RS Tora, Fox Vanilla, etc...
Misterbobby   Weekend Warrior [Dec 05, 2008]
Strength:

Good damping, not very expensive.

A bit heavy, after some time the lockout fails

After using this fork some time i am quite satisfied about the RockShox Dart 2 fork.
i am mainly biking around in my neighbour in the netherlands, especially in the woods and heathfields.
The fork feels great on that sort of terain, especially when it comes to mid sized rocks and fallen trees.
It is very annoying that after some time riding around the lockout suddenly failed and the suspension won't lock.
I'm glad havind a 2 year waranty at my bike store but it's not that nice going every month having the suspension fixed.

My judgement about this is that it is a great front suspension fork for the price but it is not very reliable.

jconn   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2008]
Strength:

Decent travel and rebound rides okay

leaks out of the fork seals and the rebound adjustment valve.

These forks are the weak link for this bike. Rockshox says it will take about 4 weeks to get the shocks and its under warranty. That is a bunch of garbage. I know the bike show is coming up but please. that is bad turn around time. so in the mean time I will ride my bike looking like a clown with the springy front forks. LOL

David   [May 07, 2008]
Strength:

Plush, good dampening for the price. Rebound, lockout and preload work quite well

flimsy flamsy

Came on my pop's Kona, and was a steal for the money. However, this fork seems like it was designed to look and feel great in a parking lot. Five minutes of test riding made me think "wow, this is way better than the judy." However, upon doing some serious riding (my bike wain't with me) I realized it was, unfortunately, less functional on the trail than the judy. It is not stiff at all, corners poorly, and has trouble rolling over obsticles. Studder bumps aren't too bad, nor is descending, but throw a technical climb at it and it goes whack. It acts strangely when going up stuff: rebounds weird and will throw the bike backwards. Makes it hard to keep momentum. Reasonable performance for the price, but I'd go with the new suntours

Charles   [Feb 17, 2008]
Strength:

First time out today seems to work well so far. seems to rebound well. This shock is a great value for the first time rider.

seems a little stiff for me out of the box not sure of the adjustments.

seems like a great shock for a novas. I will give further review in a month or so.