Marzocchi XC 600 TST2 2008 Forks

• Alloy XC Steer Tube
  • 32mm Aluminum Stanchions
  • 6" Post Mount

stevo   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2013]
Strength:

Performance for price

Tad noisey

By far the best 100mm forks ive owned. love the look love the plush travel and for what i paid for them nothing beats them

Similar Products Used: Epicon recon xcr xct
Joe Hall   All Mountain Rider [Jan 11, 2013]
Strength:

Cheap.

After the first summer on the trails, the fork utterly locked out on me. I removed all the pressure from the fork and still nothing, they wouldn't budge. I put some pressure back in them and rode the last trail of the trip with completely rigid forks. Sucked!!

I got them repaired under the warranty, (an absolute faff from the supplier, (not Marzocchi, I might add)) but another year later and they are steadily getting worse. I have to keep reducing the PSI in the forks; I am currently running them at 50 PSI and getting about 2" travel. Shocking. I am taking them in for a service in the next week or two, then I'll probably start looking for a different fork.

These forks came with my Rocky Mountain ETSX10 3 1/2 years ago, this was my first full-suss bike and absolutely loved them... for the first year. But given how they've behaved over the last two years, I am quite keen to get them replaced.
Spend a little more and go for a higher grade fork! Honestly.

Danram17   [Sep 06, 2012]
Strength:

Soft suspention

After 2 years the cartouche were broke. I'm disappoint.

I'll buy Rock Shox revelation

kabrn34   Cross Country Rider [Feb 24, 2011]

Marzocchi XC600 TST2 front fork

My bad for not reading these reviews prior to purchasing my K2 factory 4.0 with Marzocchi XC600 TST2 front fork. After almost 2 seasons on this bike the front shock has locked out. I'm only 130lbs so I don't put alot of weight on the bike. I'm really disapointed in the shock malfunctioning. It's out of warrenty and now I have to pay the bike shop to fix, which they are unable to get the seal to fix it. So, for a company such a Marzocchi to be so laidback in getting products to the dealers is laime and had I known about there reputation I defiantly would not have purchased!

tfkid   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2010]
Strength:

blew out ,locked whatever. tried to fix it myself using online tips. then sent in for warranty, they wont warranty because they could tell i tried to fix it. worst fork ever, agree w/ others that this company has deteriorated. my 2001 fork is perfect and has never had any maintenance. this is garbage product

stay away from these products or get burned

Similar Products Used: 2001 bomber (sweet)
Stephen   Cross Country Rider [Sep 26, 2010]

Terrible product. Fork blew out after less than 200 miles of riding.

I will never purchase another Marzocchi product as long as I ride bikes. I understand that sometimes a product has a problem that must be addressed. When this happens a company should do whatever it takes to keep a customer happy, meaning on the bike. Not so with Marzocchi. Seems like they could care less about customer satisfaction. I have been without my bike for over a month now, will finally get my forks back next week after raising hell with them over the phone without so much as an apology. If I could afford a new pair of forks I would have told them where to shove those Bombers.

huffman   Cross Country Rider [Sep 01, 2010]
Strength:

Lots of good smooth travel when it works.

After 1 year and about 300 miles the fork crapped out. My bike spent 2 months of prime riding weather hanging in the LBS while Marzocchi took their dear sweet time rebuilding it. Still not as good as it was in the beginning.

I've had this bike exactly 2 years today. Before I start ragging I must say that my first ride on this bike was the Thompson loop at Tsali, it was amazing, much faster than I've ever run this trail before. When this fork is working properly it eats rocks and roots.

Then the fork crapped out. When I brought the bike back to the LBS they didn't hesitate to take it back because they had seen this all too often. Was told Marz would send a new cartridge and I'd be back in the trail in no time. NO, not this time, Marz decided they had to have the fork BACK at the factory, out of commission from late October 09 to late December 09, prime riding weather in western NC. I do appreciate them fixing it under the 3 year warranty at no charge.

Since the rebuild 8 months ago I have not been able to get nearly the full travel like before even though if I release the air pressure it slides the full length. Setting sag at 25% +. Going to try to change the weight & volume of oil to see if that helps. This fork rocked when it was new and I'm determined to get it working properly again though I should not have this much aggravation with a fork considering how little I've used it.

Like a lot of people with this and other late model Marzocchi forks I'm sorely disappointed. Starting to look for a lighter cross country CF FS bike, the first thing I'm checking is the fork and I'm going to have a really hard time choosing anything sporting a Marzocchi fork.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale headshock
telluridefreeride   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2010]
Strength:

kinda light at 4.16, nice looking,says Marzocchi on it?

Dam fork locks up and becomes unusable

Well at first I really like the idea of this fork. For a bigger guy (6foot 210lbs) I though being able to set the air chamber to my desire firmness would be great. Fork worked good for about 100 miles. Air would constantly leak out and the mechanic at my shop couldn't find any leaks. It would only leak when I was riding it. No big deal right just pump the piece of Sh!t up ever couple miles. Well then the coil/fluid side just locks up and the fork only gets about an inch of travel. I bought my first marzocchi in 1998 and have been praising their quality ever since. I cant believe this fork sucks so bad. Alot of their other forks are getting reviews like this all of a sudden. Maybe its the cop in me, but is marzocchi trying to make a quick buck before Fox corners the market. Kinda reminds me of the Motorola razor, they were sweet and everybody wanted one and then they got real cheap and sh!tty, now you can't even give them away. I'm sad that my favorite fork manufacturer would jepordize the safety of thier riders like this. Poor form Marzocchi

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi Z1, Jr T, Monster
Jay Man   Cross Country Rider [Oct 20, 2009]
Strength:

Looks good

Heavy, sticky, Bluddy crap.

After having read all the other reviews, I don't feel too bad now. My GT is an all mountain bike and these forks are obviously not siuted for this nor any rough xc style riding which is what I ride mostly. A week after having the bike the forks started sticking and making noises. Then last week they felt soft and saggy and when wanting to pump them up noticed oil coming out of the valve. I am a light rider (75kg). I am so disappointed with Marzocchi. It has put me off ever purchasing this brand again. I have sent them off for a warranty reapir.

Similar Products Used: Fox, Rockies.
machinehead   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2009]
Strength:

Major upgrade from Rock Shox Pilot. Tubes are 30% larger and seals are much better, the whole thing is much sturdier. Absorbs hits pretty well. The label on the fork says XC only and this holds true for me. The XC600 takes some pretty good hits considering.
Eastern Trails are made of roots as is well known.
A good test of a fork here is plowing downhill in the woods across millions of these roots. If you can make it down the hill at full speed and not fly over the bars or bounce off the trial, you're doing great.
Amazingly this fork works well for that. It takes some practice to set it up correctly so I carry a shock pump with me to adjust the fork depending on what trail I am on.

There is about 10mm of sag that won't let the fork extend all the way even with 50 psi. I believe the fork oil is too thin.

When adjusting the air pressure some oil leaks out of the valve.

The so called lock out lever does not have sufficient notches to hold the lever in intermediate positions. But I always ride it unlocked anyway so it doesn't bother me too much.

If you have a bike with a crappy skinny tube fork like the Pilot, or want to add suspension to a rigid, this is a good upgrade. It serves the purpose it was intended for, Cross Country.

I noted before that oil leaks when adjusting the air pressure. This oil is very light and I intend to replace it and the cartridge side oil with 15wt Good Quality motorcycle fork oil this winter. I believe the oil in this fork is too thin. Common problem on some dirt bikes too.

The fork rebounds great over whoops and gravity wells. Takes moderate drops too. Since they are such a big improvement over the Pilots, I am going faster. The limiting factor for me now with these forks are my tires.

I think some people might want to use this fork for All Mountain or Freeride. Unhappily this fork will not work for that.

But if you are an average to aggressive non-racing Trail Rider, it is a good deal. For around $200 I can't think of a cheaper better fork.