Marzocchi 66 RC3 2008 Forks

• 8" Post Mount
  • New QR Axle
  • 1.5" Alloy Steer Tube option

albertp   Downhiller [Jan 14, 2011]
Strength:

This looks to be a super beef fork. So big and strong. I'm super stoked about all the adjustments...mainly high speed compression, which is something I've always wanted more control over. I also like the bottom out control with the air preload.

Heavy for hucking...

Basically, I haven't been able to ride on this yet due to winter, but I have been very impressed with Marz customer service. They've already done wonders for me. My fork was super cheap cause' it was missing some components, and the guys over at Marz hooked me up with all the pieces I need for cheap.

VERY NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MARZOCCHI!

Similar Products Used: RS Domain 318
Matt Schisler   Downhiller [Nov 18, 2009]
Strength:

looks amazing... this beast can be set up just like a 888 or a boxxer and weighs alot less. you can fine tune this fork to suit any ride condish. an amazing fork to race on

had an issue with creeking... but sent it back to marzo and got it sorted out... (total down tine was about 1.5 weeks)

if you want a great fork that doesn't weigh a ton, butter out of the box ( - creeking) smooth feel, low matenence, (depending on where you go) cheep

then this fork is 4 u

Similar Products Used: 2007 marzo 888 ata, rcv 2008 marzo 888 ata wc, rcv,rv 66 rcv, rc3, ata, 40's 2010 boxxer wc
kirrussia   Downhiller [Sep 14, 2009]
Strength:

Veeery plush, really adjustable, RC3 is perfect!

Really good fork, very adjustable, much better than RCV...
Very light, working as good as 888 RC3!
Working on my GT Sanction 3.0 perfectly!

Similar Products Used: none
GearTech   Downhiller [Jun 30, 2009]
Strength:

Adjustments that do something, Laterally Stiff, Plush, Easy to service, Looks great.

Well after one day of riding the Crown/Steerer interface is creaking. The axle works but isn't the best available. Why did companies move away from pinch bolts?

We'll see how Marzocchi USA handles this creaking crown issue. It's the only complaint that I have right now, otherwise the fork performs flawlessly.

I'll update the review after Marz fixes the creaking...

Similar Products Used: Domain, Totem, Older 66s
Joyrider_66   Downhiller [Apr 06, 2009]
Strength:

The way it works out of the box, 38mm stanchions, adjustability: compression, rebound and preload: all what you need. Smoothness!

Made in Taiwan: Lots of bushing slop (even new), crown assembly creaks (reblaced under warranty), axle can be difficult to tighten enough.

This forks has some reliability issues but still works great on the trail. Maybe there's simply no other better choice... I wouldn't know which other fork to recommend instead.

The world of 180mm single crown forks is missing one smooth, reliable and bulletproof member... hope it'll come out soon.

Similar Products Used: Z150, 06' 66, Fox 40, RS Psylo
panzer07   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2009]
Strength:

Butter smooth on all bumps from small to large. Great steering precision, beefy construction, killer looks and inspires confidents on any downhill. Like the quick release lever and huge 38mm stantions. Great price on 08 models at Jenson.

Weighs as much as my Nomad frame! Heavy,Heavy,Heavy. Noticable slop in bushings right out of the box. Instruction manual has to be the worst in the industry.

This fork is very heavy and has a lot of bushing slop right out of the box but all of that is forgotten on the first downhill. Smoothest, plushest fork I have ever tried. Will make you a better decender instantly! Take a little time to fiddle with the settings and you will be rewarded with the best freeride fork out there. Set the sag with air valve on top of left leg - mine is perfect with about 15 pumps - reads less than 1 pound so must be a large volume, I weigh about 195 LBS. Enjoy!

Similar Products Used: Marzocci All Mountain SL, Fox Vanilla 140 RLC, Fox 36 Van and many Rockshox.
bullcrew   Downhiller [Feb 14, 2009]
Strength:

Looks, design, strength, function, stiffness, overall ability to trust it!

None on mine at all!

I have rode alot of forks and sold a ton of them as well, the one that stays in my arsenal is the 66 RC3, I had Ronnie at Marzocchi put white lowers on it with the nicle stanchions from the ata version and has worked flawless. I have dropped several times to flat theres a jump at the boise bike park a step up. Jump is 7' high run in is fast, landing is 5' up and 18' out! Im hitting it and going over the top of the landing by another 5' and skying 16' past the landing making it 9' up and 35' out. Im 235lbs and done this several times and the little B@stard keeps taking it and never gives me a single issue. Adjustments work great I have raced this fork DH and rode it from SOcal to N idaho and washington and plenty of gaps, jumps, drops, races, ladders, resorts and more. This fork will stay no matter what other forks I try because it will work and I dont have to question it or maintain it!

Similar Products Used: 888 rc2x wc, 66 rc2, boxxer team, boxxer wc, fox 40, totem, s8
konastinky07   Downhiller [Jan 31, 2009]
Strength:

Amasinly pluss, loads of adjustments, light for marzocchi's open bath oil damping system extreamy strong.

Somtimes, it's nice riding down your fave downhill strip without thinking about the adjustments!

Awsomeness! you can buy then from the internet for like 450 pounds.

Similar Products Used: dropoff tripple (absouloutly rubbish!) tripple 8 08 (awsome)
06Rockhopper   Downhiller [Dec 25, 2008]
Strength:

strong, beefy, looks sick, performs great

a little heavy maybe but thats just how Marzocchi works: you get a no hassle, no breaking parts product that weights a little more

If you want a bomb-proof, well performing fork with long travel and triple crown performance, this is your fork. I got the 66's when my old 888's broke and I have been increadibly happy. This fork just looks like its strong and will never break. The adjustments are great too. While it might now absorb the little chatter as well as my 888's did, it still does an awesome job. I ride fast, rocky trails and I love this fork. It feels plush and smooth through the whole travel. This is a great fork.

Bottom Bottom line: if you arent a weight weenie and you want to ride technical hard hitting trails with a single crown, this is your fork.

Similar Products Used: Marz 888
fernanjs   Weekend Warrior [Dec 09, 2008]
Strength:

Super burly and stiff with tons of plushy travel and all the adjustments you'll ever need. THE PERFECT FREERIDE FORK!

It can be expensive depending on where you buy it, but way worth it. No complaints with the through axle but it seems to be a common problem. If you do have any problems just send it back. Marzocchi has the best customer service out of any fork company out there.

All that I ever wanted in a fork and more! This fork outperforms dual crowns that I have tried, and still keeps relatively light. Furthermore all the controls have a real function so it can be setup perfectly for anyone. Take it off some big drops and see what this thing can do!

Similar Products Used: Jr. T, 55R, Psylo, sherman.