Manitou Nixon Elite 2008 Forks

Manitou Nixon Elite 2008 Forks

Nixon elite

• Category: Long Travel Enduro 32mm
  • Travel: 145mm or 160mm
  • Wt. Lbs: 4.3 (145), 4.4 (160)
  • Wt. Grams: 2086 (145), 2220 (160)
  • Spring: Mars Air

• Swinger Coil X6

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 26, 2010]
    mattsavage

Strength:

Light
    Stiff
    Great damper and air spring

No longer made

Bottom Line: Hands down the best trail fork money could buy... I have the super model with MARS air spring. It was Intrinsic, which was an excellent big hit and small bump sensitive damper, but switched to tpc+ which is better for trail riding. Nothing bad to say about this fork. It has amazing action, smooth, supple, adjustable, easy to tune, maintain... I wish I had five of them.

TALAS 36 RC2, lyrik, Sherman firefly

[Jul 15, 2009]
    NETTA17

Strength:

145mm
    Plush, no sticking.
    Very tough with 20mm axel.
    TPC+ Compresion adj. works well
    simple to adj.
    very easy for self maintain.

Blue color is disgusting (I recolor it almose same immediately :)))
    It's more like 142mm then 145mm

Graet fork for it's price as well as for it's own.
    do well for Trail and light FR stuff.

RockShox revalation 426 08' coil.

[May 06, 2009]
    aroundoz

Strength:

Plush, simple, easy to adjust, stout.

A little on the heavy side. If you like a lot of knobs to play w/, this isn't your fork. No lockout however the TPC dampening comes close.

This a great fork that's unfortunately passed over by those only considering a fox, RS or whatever they are loyal to.

My Prophet came w/ the Fox Talas 32 RLC. I played w/ that fork for about two summers but it ate me alive. Fox was helpful but nothing I tried would get it dialed in. I know I must sound blasphemous talking bad about the Talas and positive about the Mani but that's my experience. The Nixon is so much more plush and it isn't even broken in yet. Love the through axle. Not as convenient as RS' system but I seldom have to remove my front wheel anyway.

At $330, it's an amazing deal. I would never pay $750 for any fork but all things being equal and if I had the money, this would be in the running.

Fox 32 RLC, Manitou Black, Marathon S

[Jan 03, 2009]
    Krich

Strength:

Light, adjustable and so far reliable - adjustments really work

Originally purchase 06 Platinum which had probs - this one has not.

I originally purchased a Nixon 06 Platinum. It began to malfunction - very difficult to reduce travel and no dicernable difference when I adjusted the platform damping. Any way after some initial difficulty (1st nothing done and then got sent the wrong part) Manitou took care of me and sent out a custom 'Platinum' 08 145mm fork. It has the 08 internals and damping, but is travel adjustable like the Platinum. It rides better than the 06 and the adjustments have a noticable effect. So far it has been reliable. The initial probs with service were due to the transition of Manitou when they were bot and were changing their headquarters, but they do care about there customers and I am pleased with the fork. For the travel and stiffness, it seems like the lightest option out there and can often be found for quite a deal.

Many others tried

[Dec 10, 2008]
    GR_Russia
    Downhiller

Strength:

Low weight (2.1 kg), TPC + reliability, Torsional Stiffnes, Plush

Cable routing and cheap bad looking color

This is my third long travel single crown fork. You can read my thread on shock and suspension forum - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=470497

I find this fork as stiff as Fox 36 or Lyrik. Very plush, even in low temperature. Suspension curve is very linear, i find it perfect for AM riding. Rebound and compression adjusts have a very good feel.

The cable routing is art =) Hex Lock may be not so easy to use, but make fork more stiffer, stiff than RS Maxle.

Don't pass by it fork. It's not deserved underestimated.

RS Lyrik U-Turn, Marz Z.1 Light ETA, Fox 36 TALAS RC2