Magura Durin 2008 Forks

• Spring: Air
  • Travel: 100mm, 80mm
  • Lockout: DLO

Lodbrog   Cross Country Rider [Dec 29, 2009]
Strength:

Weight

Oil leak from the start, stiff with various air/rebound setting, you can't get it to work smooth, no remote lock out. Problem came in the first week of riding, it just became hard, with not much flow. When I send it for repair it came back with no improvement.

I highly "DO NOT" recommend this fork to anyone, Fox F100RL
might be a bit heavier but it works perfectly.

Similar Products Used: Fox F100RL
los36   Cross Country Rider [Jun 01, 2009]
Strength:

Very light, very stiff, very plush ... when working correctly.

Seals "dry out" easily.

I was stoked when I first got this fork. Every review I had read of this fork had been very positive. It is a very expensive fork, but I like having something a little different. In retrospect, I should have saved my money and just gotten a SID. Or just stayed with my Reba.
The first ride on this fork was awesome. Very responsive to trail chatter, yet very little brake dive and didn't blow through its stroke on medium hits.
The second ride began the same way, but within a few miles, it started feeling like something was loose in my front end. It felt and sounded litle something was rattling. I stopped and inspected the QR, brake caliper, headset, stem and bars. Everything was tight but the issue persisted. The next time I stopped, I noticed that as I compressed the fork, it wasn't as fluid as it had been. In fact, it wasn't fluid at all. It was like the travel was indexed ... in both directions.
When I got home, I went to the site that I should have started my research at: http://www.support-english.magura.com/index.php?showtopic=779 . There are a handful threads inquiring about the same issue.
My LBS was instructed by Magura USA to hang the bike upside-down to get the seals moistened. To me, this is not an acceptable explanation. I did try it, though. It did improve on the sticky sensation, but the fork has not gotten back to the fluid feel it had when it was new. It's back at the shop and the Reba is back on. I will update if this issue is resolved.
If I had to base my ratings on my first ride, it would have been 4 for value (due to price) and 5 (for smooth action and flex-free design) for overall.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Reba, Fox F100 RL
Hiroki Tanaka   Cross Country Rider [Feb 13, 2008]
Strength:

Ultra-smooth and stiff. Lightness and great feel. Just reliable. Simple setting.

None so far. expensive but reasonable.

Great Fork for XC.
Just simple but very reliable.

Similar Products Used: Fox F100
Pedro Dias   Weekend Warrior [Apr 11, 2008]
Strength:

Leve,excelente relação rigidez/peso,funcionamento muito linear e firme,razoável sensibilidade inicial,fácil de regular

Na suspensão, nada a referir. No comando do bloqueio de guiador,recomendo algum cuidado no aperto do parafuso.

Muito linear e sensivel ao longo de todo o curso,rigidez muito apreciável permitindo uma condução muito precisa. Peso impressionante(1448gr na versão de 100mm de curso e com 205mm de coluna de direcção,acrescido de 50gr -cabos e bichas incluidos- do manípulo de guiador do bloqueio -opcional).Já tive RS Reba team e Sid team, Fox X e RL,Skareb super,Marzo marathon, Magura O24U,além de outras suspensões de referencia que tive oportunidade de experimentar e esta é de facto sensacional em precisão de condução,linearidade de funcionamento e muito facil de afinar. Preço muito concorrencial face ao desempenho (830€).

Similar Products Used: Marzochi marathon 02(excelente suspensão quando bem regulada e bem seleccionados os óleos de compressão e recuperação
vark   Cross Country Rider [Feb 26, 2008]
Strength:

Fantastic stiffness and plushness

none. well actually I had hoped that I wouldn't have to mount the remote lockout lever...

Fantastic product, easy to set up, very plush, tracks well and the lockout is superb