Fox Shox 32 F100RLC 2008 Forks

• Lockout
  • Air spring pressure
  • Rebound

Attitude XX   Cross Country Rider [Apr 19, 2010]
Strength:

Great Fork, Never bottoms out when set up correctly

a bit pricey

Great for for the money. better value when bought on a bike. should be bought by a xc rider. lockout works great.

Similar Products Used: Fox Talas 100 120 140
jersey0826   Weekend Warrior [Jun 06, 2009]
Strength:

Smooth ride characteristics, lots of adjustability, fairly light weight. Lockout feature with blow-off valve is great.

Durability?

This is the best fork I have owned to date. The features are actually useful and once it is setup to the rider, it offers a custom feel that is hard to match. I have about 500-600 miles on this fork in just over a year, and just had my first problem with it. The lockout feature just stopped working. Everything else is fine though, so I'll be sending it to Fox since my LBS said they can't fix it. If not for this, I would have given this fork five flamin' ones.

Similar Products Used: RockShox SID
upupandaway   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2009]
Strength:

- reasonably light, sitff / allows precise steering
- efficient lockout for climbing -> doesn´t dive in too much

- harder to set up than other forks in order to use all of
the travel -> too much progression at the end
- very bad and fiddly lockout-lever -> can´t be operated
without changing the low speed settings every time

it´s not a bad fork, but I´m very disappointed with some of the features.
I´m still choosing a new fork for my cc-bikie (probably Magura or Manitou), but the F100 will definitely be replaced.

Similar Products Used: Reba, DT XRC
rekrej   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2008]
Strength:

Plush, small bumps, quite light, the lockout is superstiff

non so far

I realy like this fork, its superplush and takes the trails like nothing else Ive ever ridden. I dont know about how it is to service but It cant be worse than anyother fork. The setup was super easy and it felt like home at once.

Similar Products Used: Reba, SID
ikeman47   Weekend Warrior [Nov 24, 2008]
Strength:

Smooth action, super adjustable, light weight, rigid. Also my 2008s do not squeak when ridden in the lockout mode like the 06 and 07s I tried did. This makes it more usable in my opinion. Worth the price.

I love them, I did recommend them to my friends, I would buy another pair even though they aren't cheap.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi atom race 80s, 100s, manitou minute, 2006 fox vanilla.
gixer7   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2008]
Strength:

looks super cool. Stiff. Small bump compliance. less brake dive than previous Fox I have used. Did I mention it looks hot?

none i have found

I liked the Reba (much more than I expected) but the Fox just steps it up a notch. I got it at a great deal but even a couple hundred bucks more it would still be worth it. It is so compliant I can keep pedalling over rough stuff that previously was knocking me out of the saddle.

Super stiff & it tracks thru corners brilliantly. This fork will stay on my bike till it dies.

Sure its not the lightest (but it is still pretty light) but its XC performance makes up for it and then some. Get it if you want to ride faster.

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Reba race
lokiboy8   Cross Country Rider [Jun 12, 2008]
Strength:

All parameters are ridable adjustable, Stiffer and lighter than previous models, no break-in period!
Looks gorgeous, too!

$$$$$ -- On second thought, no. It's worth every penny.

I had an RLT on my previous "X" and loved it.
But this thing is a in a whole new league. They redid all the overlaps and eliminated any stiction. Out of the box, it rides like it has 500 miles on it. Wow.
They brought back the Compression adjustment and they put a collar on the lockout lever so as to eliminate, for the most part, the tendency to catch the Rebound knob. Yea! and double Yea!
I weigh 160 - 175 or so w/ all my gear and I have it set on "Sofa" as well -- 60 lbs or so. I just go by the sag and the trail feel. I have yet to bottom it out.
I have the Lock-Out threshhold set on "0" clicks.
Because I sit and spin circles(Triangles? Squares?) when I climb, I like how I can resist what little bob is induced AND have a nice active response to the terrain. Climbing is sweeter than ever! This is also great if I forget to unlock for the descent. Fork behaves almost as if it was fully open.
Also nice is the new brake hose fitting -- very clean.

I ran my previous Fox for several thousand miles w/ no issues. Just change the oil and the seals regularly, clean it after every ride and just ride, ride, ride.
Does Honda or Toyota make these things, anyone? Hmmmmm...I wonder.
I wasn't sure about a white fork on my new "X" -- until I had one in my hands. (Insert "Wolf whistle here") This thing looks like a jewel or something -- Pearlescent white w// anodized red and blue kobs. Now I can't imagine anything looking much better. And as we all know, it ain't how good ya ride -- it's how good ya look!

Fox is very hard to beat for the whole package of weight, adjustability, durability and most of all -- on the trail performance. If you have lots of $$$$$$$$$, maybe go for one of those new all carbon DT's or the Manitou Carbon R7 MRD. If you are on a budget, I understand. If it was me, I'd look for a used one -- maybe a racer that used it a little and wants/needs something lighter....
But if you are on the fence -- just do it. You will be glad you did.

Happy Trails!

Similar Products Used: Various models from RockShox, Manitou and Marzocchi
christian   Racer [May 14, 2008]
Strength:

rides smooth

the price

I sent my fork to fox to replace the seals. when I got it back it started to gush oil. When I contacted fox about the problem, They said the uppers are worn and I need to purchase new ones for $300. I am extremly disapointed that fox failed to stand behind their product.

Similar Products Used: sid world cup
Adam   Weekend Warrior [May 29, 2008]
Strength:

I was running a SID world cup carbon on my Ibis Ripley and feeling like I was being beat up after every section of rocks that I encountered (baby heads were the worst). I was straggling along at the end of the pack and often last in a pack of pretty good club riders. I was also averaging half a dozen "Oh ^$#(^#(@!!!" moments every ride. I seriously contemplated moving to a FS boinger, but decided to try this fork to see if it made a difference. From the very start of the ride, I was able to hold my own in the middle of the pack. I found myself cringing before obstacles that would have sent me flying with my other fork, but with this fork I just glided over the the stuff. I have it set on "sofa"- about 55 psi (165lbs. recommended psi is about 70). When we stop to let the pack regroup, I look at the zip tie and find that I have maxed out the travel and yet I am unable to recall a single instance where I felt like I'd bottomed out. I can also laud the stiffness of this fork (at least compared with what I used before). I am able to point and ride with minimal hesitation. It's a dream when I'm hauling down singletrack with scattered rocks and such. I really like this fork a lot.

I have not found any yet. I haven't ridden it enough to comment on the durability.

Performance-wise, this fork kicks butt over what I'd had before. It's stiff, fast, smooth and sensitive over all types of bumps and light years ahead of my SID fork. I haven't noticed the extra pound or so over the SID. I'll have to wait and see about the durability. Even deeply discounted, I swallowed hard in purchasing it.