DT Swiss XRC RL 2008 Forks

DT Swiss XRC RL 2008 Forks

Since every gram counts in a race, our ­suspension ­engineers work closely with professional cross ­country racers to ensure that the performance and durability of our XRC racing forks are ­absolutely ideal. Not only do the XRC forks ­shine on the winner‘s podium, but in everyday use as well.

• 80 or 100mm travel.
  • Air, coil negative spring Open oil bath.
  • Quick release, thru bolt.

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 20, 2010]
    timbuktu

Strength:

Smooth as silk, remote lock out is the best, flew down hills without beating me up.

Pricy.

This is the best suspension fork I have ever used. Got me to the podium in every race last summer, what can I say?

Sid Race

OVERALL
    [Feb 10, 2008]
    Bello

Strength:

Did i say light?

To my dismay i encountered a couple of rediculous design flaws in this fork.
    -tireclearance is very minimal. A conti 2.2" race king or a racing ralph 2.25" are sadly a nogo.
    -compression dampening circuit closes with higher speed impacts. Utterly useless.
    -To lineair feeling. Therefore dives quite alot when braking. Littlebit more progression in the forkstroke will do.

DT-Swiss has a problem with its quality. They took over Pace. Pace had beautiful products in its lineup, but also some quality issues in the past. Leaking seals and a real attentiohoar for maintenance. I took the gamble and ordered a XRC. Couple of days a go the bikeshop called me that the fork had arrived. The same evening i finalized the assemblying proces by mounting the fork and discbrake and discovered to my surprise that the tires wouldn't fit. They are just 2.2"s! Okay put some older Mich comp s tires on it. 1 day later i was on the trails near Munchen and my first thoughts were of butter and a knife. Just insane supple and sensitive to smaller and larger hits. ONLY AT LOWER SPEED. When the going gets really tough in speed this fork throws in a "panzerbrigade" in blocking the compression stroke. I was shocked. When u paid 950 euro's i expect better performance in this area. Maybe this is a batch error but belive it or not, a German magazine tested the same fork and had the same problem. Quite a few more to my surprise.

Verdict: Beautiful fork but that's not enough. I want quality performance wich i can trust on. So far this product has made me feel only sad. I should have bought a fox instead or waiting for the new SID. I really hope DT-Swiss fixes the bug really soon or i have to bring it back. I just can not ride this fork for now. To bad.

RS Sid for more than 7 years :D.

OVERALL