White Brothers Magic 100 2007 Forks

White Brothers Magic 100 2007 Forks

The Magic fork line offers White Brothers' cutting edge Intelligent Magnetic Valve "IMV" damping technology in our super stiff, lightweight 32mm platform. Just set the IMV damper where you want it and sprint or climb without bob and float over washboard bumps or big drops with full active travel. All Magic forks have true open bath damping and oil bath lubrication to give you buttery smooth performance. Whether you need a World Cup quality cross country race fork or the highest quality, best performing 29" fork on the market-its Magic.

• Model Name: Magic 100
  • Spring: Linear Air Spring
  • Stanchions: 32mm
  • Crown: standard
  • Weight: 3.8lbs
  • Color(s): Titanium (lower legs)

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 26, 2008]
    nonya

Strength:

Reasonable light weight, lateral stiffness.

Poor damping quality, very poor bushings, poor air spring.

The CNC work on the fork is great and offers a very different (albeit dated) look. The lateral stiffness was great but unfortunately that is where the fun ended. The fork started exibiting so much stiction and stickiness that it was notchy on a good day. The air spring piston would also get hung up and you could feel it hit the inside of the fork on successive hits like braking bumps. Finally the IMV damper had a mind of its own, sometimes working but most of the time NOT. If you want a different looking fork that MUST be rebuilt and lubed before EVERY RIDE then get the White Brothers, if you want a fork that works get something else, ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!

Fox RLC, Fox Talas, Manitou Black Air, RockShox Reba, Marzocchi Marathon.

[May 29, 2007]
    Jesse

Strength:

This is for a Magic 80. Everything, great looks, excellent performance, smooth travel, IMV works fantastic, The best customer service that you can get. I have only ever found one other place that is this great to work with (Jeremy and Sarah Parfitt @ Alchemy Bicycle Works)

I have not found any in a year of hard riding on this fork

I absolutely love this fork. I currently have 2 one is an 06 and one is an 07. I have nothing but the best to say about this fork. I love the IMV and really think it helps with climbing. It may not be the lightest fork (it's not heavy) on the market but it more than makes up for it in the way it rides. Fantastic company to work with and they still will do custom stuff. I had a custom Ti colored fork with off white graphics with v-brakes and a 1 inch steer tube put on. The fork feels fantastic, it is smooth, stiff, and has great handling. This is my favorite fork I have ever used and will continue to use them for a long time. Please also see my review for the 06 as it may have other info to help you out.

XC 70, Mars Carbon, MX Comp, Atom Bomb 70mm, sid, fox

[May 28, 2007]
    Drew

Strength:

IMV,Anodizing, Stiff, Strong, Made in Grand Junction, CO. Customer Service A++.

So cool that skinny bike racers don't notice it.

I am 220lbs and I can rock the hell out of a fork. Ran the Scarab for a while till I broke it. Got the White Brothers and could not believe that I found a for that did not flex side to side.

The IMV valve just plain works, freakin great!

Had to talk to customer service and they were great. When you have an issue you talk straight to the guy that works with the forks. Wonderful experience.

Manitou Scarab Super, Marzochi z2 Atom 80,

[Dec 12, 2006]
    Jeff Stachowicz

Strength:

Very Light and very responsive

I was looking to replace my old Rock Shox Mag 21 SL TI (Bike was orginally built with RS). Decided to try WB. At first the bike felt really loose after the shock was replaced but after numerous rides and many many miles I dont even notice it any more.
    I would recommend this shock to anybody looking to upgrade or replace an old shock.
    Overall rating Outstanding Shock!!!

[Mar 24, 2007]
    Dave

Strength:

Small company...

The fork has developed play in the forks. It began leaking oil within a week of installing. I have contacted customer service several times but have yet to receive a single reply.

I bought this product b/c I assumed (incorrectly) that a small company will provide a top quality product and would be able to provide better/more personal customer service. I have been disappointed on all accounts.

I highly do NOT recommend this fork, or company!

Fox, Maveric, Rock Shox