RockShox Revelation 409 2007 Forks

• Crown: Forged 6061 T-6 Aluminum
  • Steerer Tube: Butted Aluminum
  • Lowers: Magnesium, IS Disc only

Felipin   Weekend Warrior [Jan 22, 2010]
Strength:

I didnt have enough time to discover them... Hope to say Rock Shox Service Support and their ability to fix design issues.

Reliability. Very poor quality

Well, first ride with my brand new bike and the fork cracked... Looks like a seal between the negative and positive chamber has broken. Shop has contacted RS and they have confirmed to be a design problem affecting all units for the 2010 Revelation 409 U-Turn. Shop offered me the option to replace my broken 409 with a new one but they didn't recommend since it's almost sure that I'll have the same issue. I'm waiting now to receive the re-designed cardtridge from Rock Shox. I've been told it will take a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm using a 426 borrowed from the shop.

If it's a common issue, I'd like to see a press note from Rock Shox, but havent found anything but some upset customer comments.

Similar Products Used: Manitou Spider, Rock Shox Reba Team
dstelk   Cross Country Rider [Jan 13, 2009]
Strength:

Lots of adjustability

Leaks oil, doesn't hold air, have to twist 100 times to adjust motion control, inoperable and going back to the mfr. after less than 50 hours of not-so-abusive riding.

If you must get this fork, make sure it's the 426 and not the 409. I've talked to a few people in the course of trying to figure out what was wrong with mine that have had great luck with the 426. My 409 has been a piece of crap!! I won't belabor the point, but it's being shipped back to Rock Shox for their warranty "fix" but when it's all said and done, I'll be sans bike for about a month. Plus, apparently my issues are a common enough problem that they have engineered a fix for those of us fortunate enough to have problems. I don't have a suggestion for a better fork, but keep looking if the Revelation 409 is next on your list.

Similar Products Used: Many other Rock Shox products....perhaps it's time to look into mfr's.
Thitikorn   Cross Country Rider [Feb 02, 2007]
Strength:

Light weight. Dual Air

U-turn is short.

I like it. Not expensive.

Similar Products Used: Rockshock JUDY.
Joey   Racer [Jun 22, 2007]
Strength:

Super smooth on trail noise and bigger bumps

Kept staying down. Shop tried to fix, importer tried to fix. We all gave up and I went back to Talas which is easier to lower and raise but not as plush. Lowering the Revelation is a real pain. You have to keep turning the k nob when you want both hands on the wheel. With Talas it is just a quick flick. I was and still disappointed because apart from the reliability issue they rode great. Same happened with another local and he has been more patient but still not working so this is appears to be a design fault

Don't buy, the travel gets shorter!

Similar Products Used: Reba on my hard tail, new Talas, old Float, MZ Bombers, RS Judy
Mark   Cross Country Rider [Mar 02, 2008]
Strength:

Dual Air, Lockout, Rebound adjust. Everything works great! The travel is as smooth and progressive as anything else I've felt. I have never bottomed it out on any drops or jumps. Looks great as well with that flat back lowers and gloss black crown. Light weight.

A bit flexy when you hammer on it. My 2.55" Weirwolf LT, which had no trouble on my last fork, rubs on the fork when I really mash on the pedals. Seems to knock at certain times.

This fork is awesome as a cross country fork, but may be a bit weak for All mountain or especially freeriding. I love that it is lightweight, travel adjustable, and that it has remote lockout. People complain about the travel adjust being a pain, but it does have a lever that's easy to grip and turn, even while riding with gloves on. True, the TALAS is much easier, but Fox doesn't offer pop-loc, which can be more important at times. As I said, it is a bit flexible, but it's much easier to push around than a TALAS 36 or other forks. Great for XC, not so much if you like drops, jumps, and big tires.

Similar Products Used: Fox TALAS 36, RS Psylo XC, Manitou Black (coil), RST Gila T6(just kidding... not similar at all)