RockShox Reba World Cup 2007 Forks

• Spring: Dual Air
  • Damping: Motion Control
  • Lowers: Magnesium, IS Disc Mount, Boss Option

cheribeau   Weekend Warrior [May 18, 2011]
Strength:

STiff, well made, sexy, and works flawlessly

This fork is exceptional in all respects. I have ripped it down some pretty rough trails at Aliso Viejo, and climbed everything around. It has never been serviced and still continues to work like say one. The adjustments work well. Adjusting air-air is simple and effective. It rides really well and I only wish all XC forks were as easy and sexy to use. Top notch.

Similar Products Used: judy, zokes bomber, manitou sherman slider, fox 36, Zokes 66
El Baelos   Cross Country Rider [Jan 31, 2009]
Strength:

Great damping, very stiff, very light.

None found yet.

Changed the relatively good Tora 302 who came with my bike for a (second hand bought) Reba World Cup.
The difference is huge.
Much lower weight and much better damping of small bumps.
Great fork!

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Tora 302
Nicholas Errington   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2008]
Strength:

Strong, adjustability, no flex.

None as of now

I always felt that my SID was a little flexy when pushed hard and it felt like the headset was loose, even tho it was as tight as could be. Aside from that I wanted a small bump in travel so I opted for the Reba wc 100mm. I have only put maybe 70 miles on it in just aver a month but my initial impression is very positive. I am much happier with this fork than I was with my sid. It is still a very light fork but I feel that I am not giving up any comfort or performance for the sake of a few grams. I was worried about cutting the steerer tube, but it was a breeze. If my initial happiness with the product changes I will report back.

Similar Products Used: SID team and older 90'sRS shox
T Casari   Cross Country Rider [Dec 31, 2007]
Strength:

I have a Reba Race. I love it.

It saved me enough money to where I have to waste more time on this site reviewing another product to buy! :)

I am only leaving a post to bring to light the message that was clearly relayed by Jan, the previous poster. I don't know Jan, and I'm sure he is a competent "mechanic" on his own rigs, but when dealing with a REALLY expensive piece of equipment like this, let your local BS do the cutting! Not that you can't do it, but because it's like a built-in warranty! It splits, they replace it, one way or another. Plus, SRAM will probably deal with them a lot better, and more quickly. Just a thought. BTW, the ratings are for my RACE!!!

Similar Products Used: Various R-S & Manitou products
Gustavo Leao   Cross Country Rider [Jan 21, 2008]
Strength:

Looks; rigid; travel

poplock is hard to mount/fit on a 31.8 handlebar, it only fits the smaller part of the handlebar... I use sram x0 Grip shift , so it requires more space on the handlebar. Had to buy a wider handlebar (660mm low riser) fit the lock, the brake levers and grips. So, dont even think about bar ends!

Great fork! no.. SICK FORK! 100mm of travel with 1570kg of weight! very rigid, so no tortion at all, and the adjustments are very user freindly!
The handlebar poplock is a must for clibing sprinting or just to sit there hehe! Just Hope rock shox makes poplocks that fit todays 31.8 handlebars better.

Overall: Its THE fork

Similar Products Used: Fox Forx RL 80
Jan Langek   Racer [Sep 30, 2007]
Strength:

Great small bump response. Lots of adjustments and can be tuned to suit your riding style and preferences. Little flex and good steering control at any speed on any terrain. Handlebar mounted poplock is very convenient. Bushing have no play even after 6 months of abuse.

The carbon steer tube stress fractures. Not the easiest to service. Sram has no customer service and doesn't deal well with the consumers or end-users.

When the fork is working, the performance is excellent; However I am not too pleased with the carbon steer tube. The first fork I used, I was a bit sloppy with the saw and believed that I might have caused small cracks that propagated down the tube. Within 2 months of riding I needed to replace the crown, tube, leg assembly for $400. Unlike fox, white brothers, and marzocchi, Sram would not sell directly to me, nor would they answer any questions concerning the cause of the cracks. I called Sram headquarters in IL and spoke to someone who probably had never seen the product or ridden a mountain bike.

All gripes a side, the new piece arrive at my LBS, and I rebuilt the fork and was ready to ride. I used a special fine hacksaw blade given to me by a local machine shop and was very careful. Following the cut, I used a crack locating dye and portable UV lamp to see if I had cause any micro-fractures. I used a torque wrench for tightening all connections and followed the suggested torques on every bolt. Good to go! Until I swapped stems and saw 2 significant fractures over 3 inches long that went clear through the walls of the tube. I was using a FSA 0 stack headset and FSA XC 115 Stem with a 2 bolt clamp mechanism. Perhaps the fork is best used with a Thompson Stem, as the Thompson system better distributes a load over the steer tube.

The claimed weight is 1530g, but on a Cole-Parmer scale, the real weight was 1600g w. the poplock. I will stick with Fox for the extra 10g and use the Reba as an expensive paper weight as Sram has 0 interest in warranties. I will not fix or buy a new Reba World Cup as this point.

Similar Products Used: Fox RLT, Fox F100, SID, Marzocchi, Manitou R7, and many others.