RockShox Reba SL 2007 Forks

• Damping: Motion Control
  • Crown: Forged 6061 T-6 Aluminumaaav
  • Steerer Tube: Butted Aluminum

Varaxis   Weekend Warrior [Aug 12, 2010]
Strength:

Plush, adjustable, good amount of travel

Rebound adjustment knob falls out. Expensive to rebuild.

Rebound knob fell off during a ride and is no longer adjustable. The fork now feels no better than a Jett. Estimated to cost over $100 for parts for the rebuild (over $30 for the part to control rebound).

Similar Products Used: RS Quadra 5, Judy SL, Jett, SID
Marzocchi Bomber Atom Bomb 2.0
papanoel   Weekend Warrior [Apr 01, 2009]
Strength:

Weight, poploc

None so far

I bought this fork to lighten my bike. It has the best price to weight ratio.
It's a nice fork for cross-country use and it can take a little abuse from time to time.
I found it quite hard when inflated to the required pressure.

Similar Products Used: Tora 318
Connor   Downhiller [Jul 19, 2007]
Strength:

its amazing
i run almost 2 inches of sag
doesnt top out
and it still takes the bumps amazingly

i didnt like the graphics
but
i just took them off
real easy

awesome
simply awesome
totally adjustable on the trail
the lock out is pretty awesome

Similar Products Used: nothin
im a downhiller personally
but i got a cross country bike to start training for endurance
Jake   Cross Country Rider [Jan 24, 2007]
Strength:

Light, ease of adjustment. Quick break-in.

None known. I hear it flexes more than a Fox fork... malarky.

I run this at 140psi in pos. and neg. chambers, floodgate tight. Only ridden in super cold, so the springrate (air pressure) was probably a bit low while the damping rate (oil business) was probably high. The fork was very surprisingly stable - floated me over many many frozen ruts, kept them completely off of my mind. Isn't that what this thing is for? I went fast.

Similar Products Used: None. I was spring/elastomer since forever.
Troy Williams   Weekend Warrior [Nov 06, 2006]
Strength:

+/- ability to dampen compression via two way air pressure.

Durability, even in moderate but agressive "trail use".

Like to see better durability out of the shock. Mine basically needed a full service right at the one year mark after it was discovere to be leaking oil.

Similar Products Used: none
Erhan Doganer   Cross Country Rider [Mar 20, 2007]
Strength:

Ligth, very stong, lock out remote control, suitable for long dirves, suitable for downhill but not fot downhill monsters:)

a bit heavier than some others

Ýt is very suitable for everybody, I know that people using this fork will enjoy their bikes more and more.
Rock Shox is the best suspension company I think.
it is a bit heavier but if you are using a bit hard, than it is absolutely for you.
Thanks Rock Shox...

Similar Products Used: RST Omega Sl
dave   Cross Country Rider [Apr 09, 2008]
Strength:

helped bolster the 29er market.

I had the motion control assemble stop locking out. Warranted tho.

Great fork and a great price. Can't ask for more. I even like it better than my fox f29.

Similar Products Used: fox f29
Vagos   Cross Country Rider [Nov 28, 2006]
Strength:

Its plush, easy to adjust, I like the poplock. It is also very stiff. Most of all, for my needs it tracks really well!

None so far.

I know it's heavier than SID but then again I am 90kgs and I don't like my bike to flex were it should't. It's a new addition to my bike but up to now it is very good. Let's just see how it holds up against time. I do have a tendency to rip bikes apart.

Similar Products Used: 04 Sid, Rst T5 Gila and a FOX RL
Chip Camper   Cross Country Rider [Feb 16, 2008]
Strength:

Easy to tune, pop loc, weight

This is an outstanding fork! I ride some pretty nasty stuff, and this fork keeps on going. Pop-loc is a great feature. I use it on every ride. The fork is easy to adjust, and I have not had any problems at all. It does not leak air. Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used: old Rock Shox Judy, Manitou, couple of expensive Marzocchi forks
Joe   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2008]
Strength:

Smooth travel, ease of ajustibility, effective ajustibility, lock out, light.

Requires extensive maintenence, slightly to linear, odd instruction manual with limited/vauge information.

This fork is smooth, functional, and ajustible. I would personaly like a slightly more progressive fork so that I could still run the soft presures for the small bump absorbtion, but not bottom on the more harsh hits. Other than that, a better manual would be welcomed, as the current one is incomplete, and almost incorrect about what some of the settings do.
Overall a good smooth fork for xc and xc trail use.