Marzocchi XC 600 SL 2007 Forks

• 32mm Alloy Stanchions
  • 6" Post Mount

[Jul 27, 2009]
mrclortho

Strength:

Quality of construction, adjustable, weight

It could look a little better

Coming from a guy who has not had much seat time on high end bikes, I absolutely love this fork. The adjustability is key here. Because my 4500 isn't designed for so much travel, it is necessary to adjust the travel for the trail or the bike is twitchy but once you get it dialed in, it is absolutely wonderful. It does not feel like it was designed for big jumpers because it can be a little soft at times.
I have no complaints with the performance. The fork could have a better color scheme and stickers. I was able to order it pretty cheap so I am happy and would do it again.

Rock Shox Recon, Reba, Judy TT

[May 24, 2008]
Jorge Marmol

Strength:

Great Fork!! Works perfect
great travel 130 mm
awesome look

needs a better manual

Para aquiellos que hablan español, increible suspencion. Funciona muy bien, te pega al piso!!

Muy buen recorrido (130mm) buen nivel de ajuste de carga y rebote. El peso es adecuado, por la rigidez de la horquilla.

Manitou Axel platinum, Reba

[Apr 17, 2007]
KT

Strength:

Looked like it would be a good all around fork. I've had great experiences with other marz products.

Let me see,the ATA keeps winding down on it's own, the TST2 know keeps moving around while riding, the fork now only gets 90mm of travel no matter what you do with the ride height with the ATA knob, stiction like you wouldn't believe. I've handled stiffer chow mein.

This has got to be the worst fork ever created. I'ts pretty sad when I encounter problems with this fork every other ride. I'm tired of boxing this fork up for warranty. The ATA knob and the TST knob thing doesn't affect the ride, but only getting 90mm of travel mid ride suck when you're bouncing off of your line. Also Marz warranty department is horrible. No follow up with the customer. During the first issue I had with this fork, I couldn't get a straight answer as to what caused this problem, No phone call to say that they were done with the repair or anything, it just showed up at my door without a warning. Looked on the packing slip to see what was done, no explanation. Gave Marz a call and still couldn't get an answer. Two rides later on the repaired fork and the same problems...... I'm done. What a waste of time and money. Loan this fork out to someone you really want to discourage from riding. It's that bad.

marz (888 & all mountain 1), manitou (breakout plus, flik plus, r7 platinum,) rock shox (pike air, reba,)

[Oct 23, 2007]
Daniel

Strength:

Big travel, lite, adjustable travel, adjustable rebound dampening, lock out-able.

Right fork tube began leaking compressed gas and oil almost immediately.

Loved the function and form but hated the leak-on-first-ride. Totally unreliable.

[Oct 03, 2007]
Tim Daniels

Strength:

Initial impressions:
Simple adjustability, Great torsional rigidity. Smooths out the trails nicely. Looks good. The price was right.

I though the decals were ugly so I peeled them off as soon as I realized how much I liked this fork and knew it was a keeper.

I've only done four rides on this fork, but my initial impression of this fork is outstanding. I replaced the rigid fork on a Spot SS and of course the shock fork is going to be way more forgiving. It's like getting a brand new bike for the cost of a fork. I only have one other shock fork to which I can compare. I like this fork is as much if not better than the 2000 vintage 'Zoke Z1-CR on my squishy bike. I'm riding moderately technical trails with roots and rocks and am pleasantly surprised at how nimble my bike remained. It raised the front of my bike by about an inch but it did not affect climbing in the least. The ETA device works as expected and even when compressed on the climbs, I still has enough travel to take the edge off the bumps.

I'll follow up with another review after I've put more miles on this thing. Time on the trail will tell.

Tim