Marzocchi MX Pro ETA 2007 Forks

• V-Brake
  • 6" Post Mount

[Jun 17, 2010]
mike jackson

Strength:

update from 05. i've used this same fork since they came out I was able to get a warranty replacement i've had the shock rebuilt one time aftr 2- 3 yrs of riding and pounding and he saw nothing wrong with it. and now it's 2010 this fork hasn't let me down at any point, and I've put it on another frame build up. No oil puddles on the floor in my garage.All I can say is This is my second Marzocchi.I've found no reason to change any of the oil wieghts, springs, nothin. i've got total confidence in this fork and it's been holding air for the last 2 years since I've been a serious rider,I've calmed down adit and just enjoy the ride now. All I can say strengths are just like my last fork from these guys. Outstanding!!!!!!!

I need new stickers, & touch up paint(lol)

i've had this shock for 5 yrs. now,. I have to say this is and has been the best fork I've rode on. It's a stiff fork and does it's job at or above the norm. It does what I want it to do when I want it to. This fork has taken a number of crashes, headers, and bouncing off of trees. i've dusted it off to check for damage, the only thing I see is more paint missing from the outer legs. I liked it so much that I bought the model that has travel 75mm- 150 mm. My wife has had her's for 4 yrs now no problems. I don't see how, one of the best made forks on the planet can break (I've broke one, dumb question)I was using it as a free ride fork also. the z3 super fly is/was not a fork built for that.Just cross country /racing 3lb air fork 80mm travel. A 4 ft nose in and direct impact split the outer left leg. but would hold air at full extention. and was able to ride it out and finish the ride, w/ broken hand from the crash. So my point being is these shocks can take thier share of abuse but will break if pushed beyond it's intended use, but will take it for a while.now it's on my hard tail ready for another beatin.and it's had no upgrades done to it. sliders, seals, legs,what ever else is in the fork,Now my brother is a convert from a SID to Marzocchi, and he swore he'd never use any thing but Rock Shox. I would recomend a Marzocchi to any one,they feel like butter when working and don't complain.. If you're smart you'll try and buy one IMO

rock shox, Manitou,

[Jun 19, 2009]
Rubén

Strength:

Worked good, until it collapsed!
ETA is the best travel adjust for XC, fast and effective
Easy to adjust
Very push
Stiffness

Quality of the Marzocchi forks has dropped dramatically. After 6 months, ETA was destroyed, with oil every were, even to the brake pads, very dangerous, I almost had an accident
Colours of bad quality.

Good fork, enough stiffness for aggressive XC or Tours but… I used it for those purposes around 6 months. After 3 months I had a small oil leak in the rebound adjust. Fixed it and after another 3 months, the ETA lever had oil everywhere….and it went down to the stanchions and reached the brake pads…Danger!
Fixed it by Marzocchi Spain and after that, I sell it, didn’t want it anymore!

Marzocchi Marathon SL 2004, MX Comp ETA 2006, JUDY SL 2004, Revelation 426 Dual Air 2007, Fox F100 RL 2008

[Jul 06, 2008]
ostenfel

Strength:

Once I broke it in it was really soft! I'm pretty light 135 pounds and had to figure out how much air pressure to put in it, and what rebound setting to put it at. Once I figured it out I'm consistantly getting 80-90 mm of travel out of the 100mm. No complaints! I have never bottomed it out. I didnt really use the ETA feature that much until I went on an epic 40 mile XC ride, and decided to use it on a steady 8 mile climb.

I always forget to turn the ETA off after a climb...but that's just me being dumb...

I really love it! Wasn't impressed the first few weeks with how plush it was but after a while it really started to make me feel good about going faster and faster on single-track, and the ETA really does help with long climbs, it locks your front wheel to the dirt and lets you power up hills! If you don't want to break the bank and still want to tear up the single-track buy it!

cheap fork on my trek 4300 before I put this on there...

[Aug 29, 2007]
Chrispy

Strength:

Smooth and plush. Its soooo buttery.

It didnt come with a marzocchi girl.

Great fork. I broke my radius back in may, and my old manitou that came stock with the bike wasn't going to cut it. It not only has met my expectations but surpassed them. This fork soaks up everything on the downhill. Even better is the eta. Flip the switch and the fork lowers down to help you attack any climb thrown at you. Its like I have two bikes. One that I can fly down any hill with no fear. And the other that climbs like a billy goat. For the price you cant miss.

Rock shox, manitou...

[Jan 17, 2007]
Josh Doria

Strength:

This air fork is super light, plush and has great features. The rebound valve is responsive, and the eta feature is the best lock out i've seen.

It doesn't have compression, so its not the best fork, but its hard to find a better one for the price.

I looked at a lot of forks before upgrading to this one. I settled on the MX Pro ETA because it was an air fork with rebound, and the eta feature is great! the travel on the fork drops and locks while climbing. it leaves 30mm of active travel so you can still roll over stuff, while also lowering your center of gravity. If you have $500-$700 to spend on a fork, look elsewhere. But for under $500, its hard to beat this value.

judy 2 (preload, lock out, rebound), marzocchi xc 600

[Apr 25, 2007]
Sef Sefakos

Strength:

This air fork is super light and the ETA feature is the best lock out i've seen. smart

I looked at a lot of forks before upgrading to this one.
I think is the best for the money.

Rock Shox Duke

[Mar 18, 2008]
neftali

Strength:

A very ligth and stiff forks.The E.T.A system works greats!Very stable on corner..i recomended this forks.Is the best forks in the $250 to $300 budget

nothing!

the impresive stiff and stability of this forks...
this is the best value that you can get for this price.
compare with others forks...the diference? only the price.
This forks works greats..you can feel the diference in the firts ride!

manitou r-7, rock shox recon,marzzochi 600 xc, etc

[Oct 18, 2007]
Cameron

Strength:

Good rebound, smooth, easy to adjust, like ETA, solid

Drop outs are a bit funky, changed the tire angle a little bit compared to my previous forks.

This fork is solid. It is inteded for cross country and easy all mountain. I am pretty easy on my forks, due to using awful ones before. It might be too soft for dirt jumping or downhill. It is plush for a rough cross country fork/do all bike. Nevertheless, these forks will soak up the odd big hit (saved my bacon a few times). The oil damping works like a dream and soaks up everything, making for a much nicer ride. The ETA works well. Sometimes though the ETA will depress to different heights, not sure why. The metal ETA knob seems durable. The forks look pretty nice. The first half of the travel is really plush. The second half is nice and stiff. I haven't yet bottomed them out (weigh 180 lbs). I bought them used off a guy who found he rode them to aggressively (weight 220 lbs). They are pretty expensive new. No faults with them really. Overall very smooth. Definitely improved my bikes handling.

RST poo, SR Suntour XCM