Bent Bike Garage Videos

Bike Garage

Bike Garage DVD is the Ultimate Bike Repair Movie. Simple steps and diagrams with clear, jargon-free advice and easy to use interactive menus.

Martinez   Weekend Warrior [Dec 25, 2007]

Great video! Especially if you're just getting into biking.

Everything is pretty well explained and easy to understand. Only thing I might complain about are the few sections that are rushed. I can't remember exactly what sections are rushed, but it's only a few. No big deal, really. Oh yeah, and the music sucks, lol.

If you really want to learn how to work on your bike, get a few of these bike repair DVDs. After you've watched them, go and get your hands dirty. I'm a newbie to biking and haven't touched a bike for almost 10 years. It hasn't even been a month since I got my first mountain bike and I already know (and have done it) how to replace the brake/shifter cables, adjust brakes/front/rear derailleurs, remove/install a chain, replace/patch tubes and how to more or less true a wheel. Almost all of it I learned from this DVD. It's good to know your bike, especially if you're someone who ventures out on their own. This past weekend, I was biking at the foothills alone and I ended up getting a flat, and replaced the tube on the spot. A short distance later, a thorn popped it again and I patched it up near a pond (had to submerge the tube in water to find the culprit). Shortly after, the tube got popped again and I filled it up with slime this time. I managed to "limp" back home. That just comes to show how important it is to know how to at least do basic repairs. I was miles away from home, imagine if I didn't know how to do any of that? I'd be screwed! Oh yeah, and one other thing. Practice how to use your emergency tools and how to remove/install your wheels/tires before you get yourself into a bad situation. If you carry slime, learn how to use it. Practice how to install/remove a chain. All that good stuff. Believe me, being out in the middle of nowhere is not the place to be learning how to do these things. You'll be stuck there for a very long time as you try and figure out how your bike parts work. This DVD will teach you all this stuff, just practice it.