Bike Magazine Magazine

Magazine

Bike Magazine

gregg   All Mountain Rider [Feb 11, 2014]
Strength:

It's a good magazine. Good stories and writing.

test

test

Bridger   All Mountain Rider [Feb 04, 2013]
Strength:

Photography
All styles of mountain biking
Good amount of reviews

The best mountain biking magazine out there. Something every mountain biker should own. I got 3 years worth for $19. A steal in my opinion.

PD2000   Cross Country Rider [Mar 06, 2011]
Strength:

Photography - graphic layout.

editorial, topics specific to downhill type of riding. This magainze really makes it clear that there are factions in mountain biking and it chooses to cater to a few of them and not all of them.

who should buy : downhll riders that do whistler in baggy shorts with new troy-lee design helmets

who should NOT buy : XC riders who ride their local XC cource in plain black biker-shorts.

fun to look at. Not too fun to read. The editorial staff is somewhat cocky - I don't enjoy read the letters section because "bike"s responses are cocky and narrow-minded.

this magazine really really is of the school that wearing tight biker shorts is "un-cool" and wearing baggy-shorts with designs is the only way to go. They make fun of XC riders in spandex. I like to bike - I don't care who wears what. This mag would be ideal for someone who does downhill, slopestyle, or is really NOT into racing cross country or wearing tight biker shorts.

I did get 2 years for pretty cheap online though, so i can't complain -it's good eye candy.

Similar Products Used: dirt rag, mountain bike action
dhw   Weekend Warrior [Jun 16, 2009]
Strength:

This is the best mag out there end of statment!!!! The Grimme Handshake is by far the best writing witnessed to date in any of the mags I have been following for the last 20 years

not a weekly

I was an d am a big mba fan but it gets old for a guy like me I can't buy all the
$7000 bike tested and really didn't dig the vibe. Bike is different and I appreciate the fact it is all about the ride not the bike. It has spurded me to rethink what it means for me to be a mountain biker and what i am looking for in my experience. It is well written and I enjoy it from cover to cover.

Similar Products Used: mba dirtrag mountain bike decline
muzza   Weekend Warrior [Jun 14, 2009]
Strength:

Portrays mountain biking lifestyles, personalities & stuff.

Not enough single track content. Assumes everybody has at least 3 rides worth $5K each and unlimited time & money to traverse the Andes

My guess is they go through writing staff a lot, probably because they pay -insert profanity here.

So MBR What's up with this new profanity rule?

Occasionally some good writers breeze through Bike. . Bike mostly tries to respect the readers intelligence. They will let you use profanity, if you feel like it. Unlike this church.

Hope they last.

midbunchlurker   Cross Country Rider [Nov 11, 2008]
Strength:

Amazing photography
Inspiring articles

Only 8 issues per year

The best bike mag by far. The only mag that makes you want to climb on your bike and get out onto the trail. Inspiring writing and photography from people that *get* mountain biking.

Similar Products Used: Bicycling
Mountain Bike Action
MBUK
Bob   Cross Country Rider [Jul 01, 2003]
Strength:

Great Photos. Truly interesting writing/stories.

doesn't come out weekly.

This magazine is one of my two favorites. The photography is second to none. I can honestly say I anxiously await every article from Mike Ferrentino. He is truly a gifted writer. The mag is at times a little political, and I like that. A great mag for bikers.

Similar Products Used: all of them...
Jacob O'Neall   Downhiller [Sep 08, 2003]
Strength:

a good overall mag

not enough content, it's sometimes only half the size of other mags

A good magazine that seems to focuse on getting you motivated to ride. After reading it, I just want to go for a ride. I like the pictures, and Mike Ferrintino's writing.
Also, I feel that they are less "brand biased" than other magazines(such as MBA)

Similar Products Used: mtb action, dirt rag, bicycling, mountain biking, flow
MEB*   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2002]
Strength:

Amazing pictures. Good short articles about trips. Okay product reviews.

Too short.

The best moutain biking magazine out there. I read the thing cover to cover. The photos are amazing to the extreme. They make it hurt to sit in the subway train and not be on my bike. Plus, I got a 1 year subscription for $3. That's cheaper than a single issue of Moutain Bike or MBA. It's definitely a bargain.

Similar Products Used: Mountain Bike Actions (the bikes are insanely expensive and the magazine is too into racing) & Mountain Bike (too corporate)
Mr Johnny Dangerous   Racer [Oct 29, 2001]
Strength:

The pictures are really good. They appear to hang onto original publishing ideals by a tenuous thread.

Sell outs. Bought by big budget, sweatshop america and now are filled with mail order, techno weenie crap. They used to be about riding now they are about who has the most titanium widgets......pole smokers

I am really disappointed that the beacon of non commercialised America is being dismantled in front of my eyes. I look back on the older issues of bike and see a cool, retro, we ride &%$#$@ bikes kinda mag!!
Now all I see is another sellout financed by mail order and the" need" to buy that new bike, part, item even though what you have serves you well. I give these guys 2 hot ones as they seem to take more hot ones from Corporate America each day that goes by.

out.