Rodale Press Inc. Mountain Bike Magazine's Complete Guide to Mountain Biking Skills Book

Mountain Bike Magazine's Complete Guide to Mountain Biking Skills

Nick   Cross Country Rider [Jul 11, 2003]
Strength:

Funny, well written and easy to follow..especially for a newbie like me.

I'm about 3/4 the way through and none so far.

Again, funny and well written. The writer is in NO way "holier than thou". I rode BMX way back when and thought I knew all I needed to know to tackle XC trails in AZ...wrong. This book has helped me out tremendously. I now feel I can get the most out of my pricey new toy.

Similar Products Used: None
OVERALL
smokey strodtman   Cross Country Rider [Nov 03, 2004]
Strength:

covers many areas of mountain biking, from the point of view of someone who is not a pro and relates to the average joe. advice is aimed mainly at the trail rider, although it does have a section on racing towards the end. has some good photos to demonstrate techniques.

more photos would have been nice. videos are still better than books.

this is an entertaining book with a lot of good advice for the average rider who is looking to increase his skills. it's also very good for beginning riders. i especially enjoyed his chapter on clipless pedals, it was the most realistic i've seen. the only real downside to the book is that it can't replace a good video (like ned overend's) for learning new techniques. it's still a good read and a nice addition for your library.

Similar Products Used: lots of them, particularly ned overend's book.
OVERALL