Cocuqyt Squamish Whistler Mountainbike Trail Guide Book

Squamish Whistler Mountainbike Trail Guide

Cocuqyt - Squamish Whistler Mountainbike Trail Guide

Darren Lueking   Weekend Warrior [Oct 09, 1999]
Strength:

Comprehensive

Needs to have topo lines (elevation lines)

Pretty price for no more than what it is. It is a must to take with you when you go since trails are not marked at all. Make sure you stop often and chech the map vs the landmarks. Trails are so numerous that it is easly to get lost.

OVERALL
Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Jun 08, 1999]
Strength:

Lots and lots of trails

Slightly confusing overview maps, no trail lengths, and a tad out of date (ALREADY! ack!)

As a newbie to biking up in this area, the book was quite helpful. I was happy to find that the areas that *seemed* good -- according to the guide book descriptions -- for what I was looking for (less committing, but technically interesting) turned out to actually BE good. I only had a few niggles: as a newcomer to the area, I didn't know where entire towns were. I'm sure I could have used a BC map (didn't have one, and didn't purchase one - my fault), but it would have been nice to at least include all towns that were considered major landmarks.Also, the Alice Lake area trails are, from what I've heard, now closed due to bad biker relations. A real shame ... And finally: a better way of denoting trail lenghts - both on the map and in the descriptions - would be nice. I wasn't always sure what I was getting into, especially since it seemed that each map had a different scale (I may be wrong about that).BUT ... get the book, if you bike here! Good stuff, and the niggles really are just niggles!

Similar Products Used: Big B.C. MTB book (can't remember author), Zilly books for Seattle and WA
OVERALL