Hydrapak Tracker Older Water Carriers

Hydrapak Tracker Older Water Carriers

Fashion panache with practicality to spare. On the town or on the trail, the Tracker shines. The elastic sternum strap makes for a snug and comfortable fit without feeling restrictive. A pump sleeve keeps storage areas organized and prevents bag jumble.

• Fluid Capacity: 70 fl oz/2,070ml.
  • Bag Capacity: 140 inches 3/2.3 liters

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 02, 2002]
    Jason

Strength:

light, comfortable, convenient, stylish or thats what all the ads say. does that even matter?

took a while to get used to the mouth piece.
    I ordered the silver one thinking it would be umm silver? but was actually duct tape gray, but who cares I'm still stylin right?

People, this pack does exactly what its supposed to, it holds 2.3 liters of water with enough storage space for a t-shirt and your keys. If you want more storage then buy a different pack. If the hose is too long then cut it. When hopping around on my bike the pack will kind of pull my shirt up my back exposing my under garments, no worries I just started wearing colorful boxers. Bottom line, go buy it. I like my pack, its cheap, I am the trail fashion master, and it works.

water bottles

[Jul 17, 2002]
    HighLife

Strength:

Cheap, small and compact, nice amount of cargo space.

LEAKS LEAKS, oh did i forget to mention it LEAKS.

Even when its filled 3/4 way, it still has the pack STUFFed. Hard to get stuff out of the pcokets when filled.

Well after the first ride i noticed i was wearing more water then drinking. I quickly cut off the hose and vavle that they provided and bought a Camelbak hose with the bite vavle. NO MORE LEAKS NOW. Its a ok pak, got its ups and LOTS of downs. I wouldnt buy any other products from them due to the leaking. Its not just this pak either. Ive seen everyone with them say the same thing. Would be great if it didnt leak.

None, first hydration pack

[Nov 12, 2001]
    tom

Strength:

-holds a lot of water
    -very comfortable
    -good price
    -looks good

not a lot of storage space every one says the hose is too long but thats easy u just take it off and cut it to the length u want its better to have it long so u can adjust it then to have it too short

this is a great and comfortable pak but the storage is really small but it holds a lot of water i think its a pretty good pak for the price its really cheap but i wouldnt buy it again id buy something bigger with more space and for all the people complaining that the hose is too long all u do is pu it under hot water for the plastic to expand then u take it off and cut it to the length u want that all there is to it.

[Aug 07, 2001]
    Ric Singh

Strength:

Looks cool, fits well

The gulp valve leaks like crazy:

I used it once and within the first five minutes I turned around and dropped it back at home because I was soaked with water. Tried adjusting the valve including locking the poppet but nothing worked.

Storage is a bit small:

Okay for some small tools etc but it could have been a bit bigger. But I guess it is just made for water so I shouldn't complain too much.

Nice looking pack if you like to make a fashion statement on the trail :o) I wouldn't buy it again due to the leaking valve. My bike shop offered to change the valve on mine but I declined. It seems that most reviews I've seen on here for Hydrapak stuff seems to have a similar problem. I went and bought a pack from MEC and its a much more simple design. It has way more space and is more functional.

I would not buy this product again due to the leaking valve, and also that my shop told me that Hydrapak is now out of business.

Hydration Platypus from Mountain Equipment Co-op

[Jul 10, 2001]
    Michael Wheaton

Strength:

-holds lots of water
    -very adjustable and fits well
    -easy to use
    -price
    -came with Gatorade mix!

-not a lot of storage room
    -hose sticks out too far from your body
    -my Dad drank my Gatorade!

This is a great pack for one or two hour rides where you will want water but not have a lot to carry. The price is pretty good and the quality seems great. It would be nice if it had a more flexible hose that you could attach to the shoulder straps because right now the hose sticks about a foot out from my body and is distracting- but no big problem. I would definately recommend that you buy this for your short rides- but if you plan on going really far you'd be better off with something larger.

[Jul 13, 2001]
    sean mcnair

Strength:

-price
    -tool pouch
    -hose adjustability

-I have had a rubber taste since the first time i used it. nothing can get rid of this taste. I tried using juice but it has stained the inner bag walls, and added even more taste.
    -the roll top must be perfect and rolled very tightly or it will leak
    -the hose is way about 6 inches too long

I wouldn't buy another one.

Camelbak, platypus

[Mar 17, 2003]
    Drako DrackoNezz

Strength:

Well cargo space, good straps fixing

Bagger is very very very weak, and it starts leaking from the base

This is a very nice faced water carrier, has lots of cargo space and a hook to keep the keys in its site. Enough space to keep tools and a mini pump.
    I bought it because a friend of mine recommend me to do it, but now I have to "hate" my friend... the bagger starts leaking a couple of weeks ago.. and leakage is increasing every time.. so I have to change the bagger.. the problem is.. bagger is not available here.. so I have to buy a Camelbak bagger....or buy a NEW CAMELBAK.
    If you need performance on the trail.. do not buy a TRACKER.. it leaks and leakts.. leakage had damaged my cell phone.......

Camelbak

[Jul 17, 2001]
    Donald

Strength:

Lightweight
    Storage Capacity
    Size
    Holds on for dear life
    70 oz. bladder

Plastic Taste
    Leaks from Bite valve
    LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG Hose

This pak is great!! It holds up to 70 oz. of water, keeps it cold for hours (except what's in the loooonnng tube), has plenty of storage space (i can carry my car keys, powerbars, cash, pump, toolkit and more, and still have room), which by the way velcros super tight, is very secure (the waist/sternum strap combo helps), and even filled with water, is still incredibly light. I use this pack every time I ride and i usually forget it's there (until I'm thirsty). And that's where the complaints are. There is a residual plastic taste (that for all I know all paks have), but you get used to it. Seems most people have also noted the loooonnnnggggg tube that comes with it. Basically it's about 8 inches to long and will stick out of the pak if you don't tuck it in. Now this can be a problem if you ride single track vegetable gardens, because your going to end up bringing home a christmas tree, if it doesnt take you off the bike first. But according to the manual, the tube can be removed for cleaning, so I would imagine you could just cut it and re-attach, but again, this is something the manufacturer should have thought of. Would I buy it again? Probably not, I'd try a different pak next time.....ride safe

Water Bottle, Ziploc Bag with straw

[Aug 15, 2001]
    andy holak

Strength:

-fit and comfort
    -water capacity; carries a lot of water
    -small size for running
    -bite valve worked great
    -enough storage capacity for long trail runs 3-5 hours; but not too much that you put too much in the pack
    -quality construction
    -large opening for cleaning and filling
    -quickdraw hose attachment

-hose actually a bit short!
    -a little bit time consuming to re-fill
    -chest strap way to small

Great pack for trail running! It rode nicely on my back with no bounce while running - even when full to the brim. The pack just swayed a LITTLE bit. Ran out of water afer about 3.5 hours running pretty hard on rough, hilly trails. I could carry enough stuff in the cargo space to get by easily and could store a short or jacket in the bungee cord set-up on the outside of the pack. Worked great for running!

[Aug 13, 2001]
    jimbob

Strength:

it doesn't leak
    great water capacity
    the pack itself doesnt move that much

bite valve sucks
    hose is about 6 to 8 inches too looooooooonnggg

its an ok pack as long as you don't need to carry more than two energy barsand a dollar in change or less forget about real food unless theres no water in the bladder