Serfas Gordo XC Older Tires

Serfas Gordo XC

Eddie D   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 25, 1999]
Strength:

Lots of good things to say about Gordo's : In dirt, not to much rolling resistance, Nice aggressive climbing paddles on rear tread and super paddles on sidewalls for above average cornering, Also a rubber compound hardness of '69' which seems to be a long and somewhat tough wear factor.

Not sure of the weight, but know for sure its not in contention for the lightest tire. #1 weakness is performance in sloppy muddy conditions,Those great sidewall paddles sling slop and mud STRAIGHT ON TO THE CHAIN AND RINGS! OUCH

This is a fantastic X-Country tire with above average cornering, and the funny thing is that those angled paddles that make this tire such a standout under most conditons can actually render your drive-train useless in a matter of minutes in the mud...

Similar Products Used: WTB Velociraptors, YETI(awesome mudders)
Bryson   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 08, 1999]
Strength:

work great in corners,look narly, feel solid under you, wide

lots of rolling resist. on road,but weren't meant for the road so its not really a fault, not too light

these are great tire, awesome traction!! expecially in corners,on my old tires i would clip out of my pedals in corners for fear of losing traction and falling over, no fear now
the only complaint is that they aren't as light irc mythos, but that isn't very acurate cuz of the rims i used

Similar Products Used: cheapstock tires on my old bike
ml   Cross-Country Rider [May 31, 1999]

Great tyre for serious cross country jaunts. Absolutely no loss of traction when climbing due to large serrated knobs. However, cornering is a little dicey. But nothing you can't solve with a bit of care. Very long lasting too! A great tyre overall!

Ryan   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 13, 1999]
Strength:

These things are just unbelievable in the the corners the harder I push the harder they bite. The rear is the most responsive tire I have tried yet, when you put the power down this thing amplifies it!

I haven't wittnessed any so far(other than ripping my front lawn a new one), but I can't help but notice how close the treads are to each other witch means this is not a mud tire, yet I haven't riden them in mud yet so I can't say for sure.

I have been looking for a good set of tires every since I got in to this sport and I started to think that there was no such thing as a front tire that didn't send me flying in to the trail side bushes at a moments notice, Until....I found the Gordos. These things are just plain Awesome, their above average in sharp corners but were they really shine(I mean I Could really notice a difference in the feel and my speed) is in long fast corners. I could just turn on the heat and no matter how far I cranked it in the gordo's never let me down. The rear really surprised me with it's responsiveness, I've noticed a big difference when climbing in real loose dirt or sand(Bonus: if you ride slow enough on pavement you get a foot massage). Not to mention they have the same side wall tread as the front does so turning grip is top notch. If your looking for a mud tire check out the Gators, if you looking for a downhill tire try the Fault Lines, Serfas you have a customer for life!

Similar Products Used: WTB Vilociraptors Fr/Rr, Topo Semi Slicks, Specialized Comp Fr/Rr.