Serfas Gator-Rear Older Tires

Gator-Rear

• Integrated Flat Protection Systems
  • Rear specific design
  • Tough inner core reduces flats

Hank   [Jun 22, 2012]
Strength:

the wire bead

not being able to get said wire beaded tire off of my rim to change the tube

If anybody has some advice on how to go about replacing a tube in this tire please let me know. I'm not a die-hard biker but feel like tube replacement is within my knowledge base...struggling. hanktherien@gmail.com

triboiler   Racer [Sep 02, 2009]
Strength:

Good grip, durable. Well designed tread

One of the thing tire manufactures tend to not worry about is changing tires. It’s a real pain when you have a flat, and need to pop the bead off the rim and can’t do it without a lever. When I installed these tires, I had to use a lever to pry off old worn stretched out tires. When I put these Gators on (brand new and un-stretched) they went on like a breeze. Serfas nailed the bead size. It was a great first impression. I have not ridden them enough to really test the traction, but they gripped up well in my “trial” section on my commute. (I commute on my mtn. bike)

Similar Products Used: Maxxis Larson Downhill
Robert   Cross Country Rider [Jul 02, 2007]
Strength:

Good Tread Design works well in mud.

Wire bead breaks easily and quickly.

When they work their great but the bead snaped during a ride with no warning luckily I was close in and didn't have to hike that far. If the bead hadn't snapped these are 5 chilies, but because it snapped its 2.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis WTB Huchison Continental Bontrager
Fernando   Weekend Warrior [Oct 12, 2006]
Strength:

Good grip, price and pucture resistance

Only comes in max 2.1

I went tubeless so I can't use them anymore. I put them on my back up bike which is a HT Giant. For the year I used them I never once got a flat, even on thorn infested So Cal trails. The wear is amazing! I om only a weekend warrior and atleast one ride during the week religeously. The rear really digs on the ups. If they came out with a tubeless version i would defineately buy.