Maxxis Helter Skelter DH Older Tires

Maxxis Helter Skelter DH Older Tires

Derived from the original Helter model, we modified the tread pattern for the ultimate in cornering stability and straight-on control at speed. Maxxis' World Championship-proven dual ply casings resist pinch flats more effectively than any other tire raced on the NORBA NCS circuit. Increased lug height and side lug profile, and special resilient compounds make the DH series wear longer and resist chunking.

Exclusively in 26 x 2.35

[Jul 25, 1999]
Keith

Strength:

Heavy. Do not whine. After training with these pupies on the best of burden I throw on my slicks and suddenly I can climb faster than the whole peloton. + stable + speed + corners

weight. its 95 degrees. your on a five mile ascent. your tires are about 2.2 pounds each. but think how fast and strong you will be when you ride the lightweights.

These tries rule as long as oyu don't race 'em. Train hard (climb) in these sneakers and you will win. Freeride and the 2.35 width is a blessing. Jump and the landings are that much easier. Just be willing to work for the fun.

IRC back country

OVERALL
[Jun 16, 2001]
kartman

Strength:

Excellent grip. I used to hit the trails on 1.95 IRCs and this tire just blows them away. No skipping on loose pebbles and I just roll through ruts. Good choice for the 650 pesos I had to shell out.

Heavy but who cares if you're going downhill?

Good tire for almost all conditions. Dirt and mud shouldn't be a problem on these tires. Too bad they couldn't clear my chainstays otherwise the handling would be way better than what I get now.

OVERALL