Marin Quake 7.0 Tire Older Tires

Marin Quake 7.0 Tire

chris   cross-country rider [Jan 15, 1997]

I'm suprised to see such good reviews given about these TYRES (I see you Americans still haven't learnt to spell!), as over here the British media don't seem to like them at all. Perhaps its just the different weather conditions?Personally, I love them as a good all round tyre, especially the front weather directional version.

Liamski   Weekend Warrior [Mar 10, 2001]
Strength:

traction is nice, if you are able to observe this tires has a dry and wet configuration by reversing it. the dry config is good even in wet. nice design spikes which results in good traction.

wear quickly and mine has slight 2 cracks. not much of a traction traction in a dry loose soily ground. hard to find.

ive got the 2.1. stock on my other bike. i am satisfied with the performance. buy this if you can find one.

JayCee   cross-country rider [Jun 15, 1998]

You can buy these at Marin Dealers, but not anymore. Lightweight grey tires that have a soft compound- great for loose and medium firm soil. They are light and float over most small/med bumps. Mud will plug them up easily- forget about sand. Again, good soil tire. Sidewalls flex like licorice stick. Rolls fast on road. Wears quickly on anything hard, but lightweight and cheap. Not for hardpack or loose rocks/gravel.

Chad   downhiller [Oct 16, 1997]

Uhh No? these things just spin in mud and they corner like, well they don't corner, one more problem they don't stay on the rim. I have a Mavic 220 and at about 50 psi I have rolled the front one off twice. don't worry though, they only come on Marin bikes and you can't buy them seperately, at least anywhere I have looked

Don   cross-country rider [Sep 04, 1997]

There not bad but thier not great either. I can't wait for my Dan and Dave's to come in. The quake is just a little to lose for me. I like a tire that has some bite to it.

Peter White   downhiller [Mar 27, 1997]

All I can say is that I burn down whopping great hills on my small frame trials bike that I built myself and these tyres stick and absorb IMPACT! Forget suspension, get these! Well smart!
One day I hope to emulate the best trials rider of all time; MINT SAUCE!
The tyres are great as I can run then at low pressures, of about 30 psi, and because of their resistance to snakebites and my light weight, they don't puncture easily (actually it's because I'm way cool, but you wouldn't know about that; BEND DOWN AND WORSHIP ME, SLUGS!). I would recommend these tyres to anyone, although they are becoming hard to get here in the U.K.(I purchased mine from Apple Pie in Norwich about 6 months ago). SUCK MY TREAD!

Lee   weekend warrior [Feb 09, 1997]

Marin Quake 7.1 rear tire, 26*2.0, kevlar bead, 120 TPI
Came on Marin bikes, weighs 22oz (624g mass) for a worn sampleHardpack / medium: 4 -- generally good
Soft / dusty: 3 -- ok, not great
Rocks: 4 -- generally good
Mud: 4 -- clogs but clears quickly
Road: 1 -- high rolling resistanceThis is a decent rear tire, though there are better rear tires. It does wear
kind of quickly.

Chris Seymour   racer [Nov 03, 1996]

These tyres are really good all-round performers. They excell in both the wet and dry, with the only problems occuring when you take them over wet rock. Turning them round also makes a real differance - something which does not always work with tyres (even when reccomended by the manufacturer). In short brillinat tyres, although they may wear a bit fast. Its a pity they have now been dropped in favour of Velociraptors, although I suspect this is just due to the Velociraptors high, well known image.

kris   cross-country rider [Oct 17, 1996]

Still looking for my replacement for these tires. I've tried e-mailing Marin about getting my hands on a pair and they've stonewalled me. I guess they're too busy to help a loyal customer find joy.
These tires are great. For me they were the perfect balance between stick and kick. I never had a traction problem, even in slick mud on slopes. They corner well with just a hint of tread hum on the steep angle. Can't think of anything bad to say about them.I got 3000 km out of my rear tires. I have about 2000 km left on my front. I replaced the pair with Velociraptors and was underwhelmed.

Dirty Geo   cross-country rider [Oct 13, 1996]

These tires came with my Marin Pine Mountain. I have been happy with them to date. They're lightweight and handle rather well in very wet Pacific Northwest conditions. One downside, these tires wear very quickly.