IRC Yeti/FRO Older Tires

FRO 2.1 kevlar

Gianpaolo Panusa   cross-country rider [Jan 19, 1997]

Fine in the hardpack, but severe clog in mud and snow. 8 months of the year here are snow and muck, and these tires just can't stick to the ground. All the grunge in the tire causes major weight gains that make my Kona Explosif feel like a Huffy!

Don Gorden   weekend warrior [Apr 02, 1997]

I have tried many rear tires in the last three years that I have been using
the FRO tire. Each time I always put the FRO back on my bike. It is a great
rear tire. The outside knobs hook up great on off camber corners and
when riding on sides of ridges. Tire wear is minimal. I think this tire is
way underrated. I just hope that I am able to find them in the future
because they are getting rare. If see them, buy one and put on the
rear. You will not be dissapointed. I give them 5 major flamers.
Long live the FRO!

sean kanemoto   downhiller [Jan 04, 1997]

not good on rocky way to soft rips thread off good for hard pack softpack so-so

Mike   cross-country rider [Nov 14, 1996]

The Yeti FRO kevlar tires are very good rear specific tires. They grip well on turns and are fairly light to boot.

T.Wood   cross-country rider [Oct 10, 1996]

Overall I was very happy with the performance of these tires. They hook up really well on wet or dry rock faces or hard-pack dirt but don't fare as well in loose or muddy terain. The tread seems to hold the mud and slide around alot. Since most of my riding is in rocky/hardpack terrain, these tires worked well for me. Tread wear is pretty good for soft compound tire. I would recommend these for anyone that does not ride mud or sand frequently. For you mud riders, my friends have been having better luck with the Velociraptors.

Martin Gagnon   racer [Jun 06, 1996]

It's a good all arounf tire. It's not the best in mud, but it is not that bad. I think it's a good tire if you ride in a trail with different type of soil. I don't recommend it as a front tire. Rear only. It's not a terrain specific tire. Good everywhere, but excellent anywhere.