IRC Piranha/Pro Older Tires

IRC Piranha/Pro Older Tires

PiranhaPro 2.1 kevlar

[Apr 04, 2015]
Keith White

Strength:

The Pirahna Pro tires were real good. After getting a new rear tire for better grip, the front tire had a real good composite. Traction cleats were better suited for front tires. The size of the Pirahna Pro Tire is excellent, 48" on a twenty six inch rim. The tires PERFORMANCE went straight to the freestyle ramp and even made some really cool noise, just like a rock-n-roll concert. Two tires the same, that was nice for appearance, if you do use matching tires although, these Pirahana Pro tires from IRC will hide a lot of unexpected PERFORMANCE. Top Speed and mach 2 on the freestyle ramps alone.

For bigger riders you'll need to still get a back tire. Sliding and skids need a more specific rear tire and a little more profile to handle all of the extra weight of a bigger person. This tire is good specifically for front wheels.

Out on the plains, around the entire planet, even into putter space. These tires jump with the best and have a Traction cleat that does not hold onto rocks and sling rain up over the bars on your bike. Through ocean surfing to river bank pipeline surfing slinging mud straight up in the air having a blast kicking a dredge, front wheel and quick release rear wheel revving, These tires keep taking everything I do and strength and PERFORMANCE is always safe and ready to go. Excellent Tire !

Panacea Spike to replace the rear tire for bigger jumps and sped races.

[Nov 26, 2008]
Shoey79

Strength:

Grip, more grip and lots of grip! Cheap too!

None, as long as you don't try to use a rear tire as a front tire.

Wicked grip. Got the tire as light cheap tire to make getting up the hill easier, and end up being a good tire for the way down too. Its like a heavy duty single ply tire, it holds up to some really nasty rocks and roots on fast DH runs. I'm amazed that the tire is holding up this good. The lugs just grip anything and the it holds a line ripping in the corners. I don't feel my back end slip out at all.

Maxxis, Kenda, Pannaracer, IRC, Schwalbe, Hutchinson, and Vee Rubber.

[May 23, 2000]
aaron siegler

Strength:

they last long

like everyone else, corners

they were good beginner tires, and i learned to land standing on my feet when the bike slid out underneath me.

[May 04, 1996]
Par Lindberg
cross-country rider

The IRC Piranha/Pro Kevlar Rear really does it's work! With this tire you can climb any mountain. Haven't tried it that long yet, so I don't really know if the dual compound makes it last longer, but atleast it's a great tire for climbing.

[May 10, 1996]
Marc Belliveau
cross-country rider

The rear tire work verry well! It can climbs any slopes. But I replace my front one by a panaracer dart II. The front tire was'nt stiff enough for me. They are affordable, but I prefer the smoke/dart set.

[Oct 16, 1997]
Johan Sahlin
cross-country rider

I have a pair of Piranha and like them. They are very good allround-tires.
Wonderfull grip uphill but still lightrolling straight.

[Jan 23, 1997]
matt cutler
cross-country rider

scary tires, but last forever which is a negative if you use wear as an excuse for new tires. I got them on sale, and they still were not worth the money.

[May 22, 2001]
Michael Nation

Strength:

Climbs exceptionally well. Fast rolling. Good braking.

Front tire slides a little too much, both tires a little too heavy.

These are average tires in my opinion. I've ridden these hard and they still show only slight wear. The trails I ride have alot of roots and loose sand. These tires climb roots like nobody's business but handle only adequate in loose sand. I just recently switched to Maxxis Mofo XC and they handle better in most conditions (including mud). The only category were the Pirhana Pro handles better is climbing and braking.

[Oct 22, 2000]
Hans

Strength:

Good tread wear and overall durability

watch out for performance on wet rocks.

I started with the Tioga rear tire and it didn't climb like I wanted, but the Piranha Pro grabs the trail great! Over a summer season of heavy use (500+ miles of technical Eastern PA singletrack) they wore well. I shredded the tread on this tire and it never stopped working. As a side note, I just got the Continental Traction tires, and hope they compare in quality.

Tioga Psycho TT, Continental Traction

[Mar 14, 2000]
Lasse Rasanen

Strength:

Great acceleration & braking.
Light.

Unpredictable in corners.

These things came stock on my bike and they've given me some extra heartthrobs because when they let go in a corner they do it FAST. Apart from letting go in corners I love'em.

Nothing this light.