Hutchinson Bomber Older Tires

Bomber

[May 22, 1998]
Lars Olof Norell
cross-country rider

Bomber tires are really good semi-slicks. I have seen them advertised for citybike use, but I have used them off-road for a year now, and they never lets me down, if I remember they are not knobbly. They got a inverted pattern, that make them roll very good indeed (I competed once against roadies, with maximum pressure in the tires. They didn't have much rolling advantage on their 700c tires) In the woods they work fine on anything but the worst conditions (mud and wet stones and roots) The inverted pattern grips really well on most grounds, and the sideknobs grips before they loose sidegrip. Since I haven't compared to other semislicks, i cannot give it a fiver, but it works so good it will get four stars.

OVERALL
[Aug 29, 2000]
Chuck Lanouette

Strength:

Fast, low rolling resistance,lond lasting. Suprisingly grippy in all kinds of terrain

side wall get dirty and is hard to clean if you neglect them

I'm on my second pair. The first pair I went 4200km mostly road a fair bit of intermidiate trail. They are now on my wifes bike. These are semi slick use them for what there are intended and they are awesome. These are not for deep mud, snow, deep sand. If you buy these with intent to use them in these kinds of conditons you're whacked. These are amazing tires for their intended use.