RockShox Shox 2000 Pro Deluxe Older Rear Shocks

RockShox Shox 2000 Pro Deluxe Older Rear Shocks

Rock Shox 2000 Pro Deluxe

[Apr 08, 2006]
Kok Piew LEE

Strength:

excellent

oil seal no good

i got my Rock Shox oil leak, and i have problem to get a replacement oilseal (ring), can someone tell me where to buy? possible Singapore or Malaysia.
thanks

nil

[Mar 16, 2002]
Stan
Downhiller

Strength:

Great adjustability.

Shock blows up!!!

The shock is pretty bad ass, as long as it is in perfect working order. My blew up midway through a DH run. It's cool that it came w/ the bike, but I'm going to buy a Fox to replace it.

Fox Vanilla RC (The best I've tried)

[Mar 15, 2002]
Stephen Amend
Downhiller

Strength:

Adjustibility, piggyback

none...

I really don't know what all the fuss is about how bad this shock is......the reviews are either really good, or really bad......mostly really bad. maybe i just got a good shock out of the bunch, or you all just got crap ones, but i have no problems with seals, or leaking, anything broken or anything other than this hissing noise that is makes during hard compression.....but i've come to like the noise anyway. i think all your shocks were just made on a friday afternoon and some details were overlooked, cause i tried fox, and i hate them. i'm constantly doing drops on my urban assults, and there really is nothing wrong with it

fox i dunno what...stratos

[Mar 12, 2002]
Joe

Strength:

The products best strengths is its adjustability..thats all

This shox sucks the seals suck they blow out to much. Doesnt handle big drops or narlly southern california rocky down hill trails.

I only weigh 170 pounds and ive busted the shock in two peices like a lot of others.if your into serious downhil,or freeriding. Save up ur pennies so when it breaks you can buy a new shock (Fox)that way you spend more time riding than waiting for it to be rebuilt about two weeks later.

stratos helix pro, fox rc

[Mar 07, 2002]
Big Hit

Strength:

Great adjustability and fits well onto my AC1. Works great when it works

Unfortunately didn't last too long, It is now off to rock shox for rebuild. Though I am a pretty hardcore rider..like the drop offs and stuff, I really expected it to last longer than a year. Fortunately it is about 8 months but but it blew up on the trails(covered under warranty), oil all over came apart into two pieces when taken off the bike

Great shock, rebound works great until the big blow out. I hope that it doesn't happen next time but i will run with it when I get the rebuilt shock back...I do go off the big drop offs (up to around 10ft) and landing 6ft to flat and and weigh 185-190 pounds.

Fox

[Feb 10, 2002]
Brian

Strength:

Effective compression and rebound controls

Blew up

The shock worked beautifully when it worked, but tonight it died. It came off the bike in two pieces, shortly after the damping disappeared. NOT a freeride shock. I will be replacing it with something else for sure. Come on Giant, maybe something else for the '03 models?

Fox Float R

[Jan 20, 2002]
brian b

Strength:

high level of adjustability.

i hear bad things about the seals too, and i took the giant ac 2 that i am considering buying off a 3 foot drop, and now the shock squeelz like a pig every time it compresses (frustrating sound) my lbs said they would have it replaced before i buy it

good shock until it goes. save for a fox

fox vanilla rc

[Jan 04, 2002]
Maico Guardia
Downhiller

Strength:

love the adjustment,you can almost lock the shok,resistent and plush.

none yet

I have been panishing my bike with 6,7.foot drops flat to flat and prety har DH,and the shok was responding perfect !!

Just the seals in the forks are not the best I blew 4 allready !

[Oct 08, 2002]
Morty

Strength:

Adjustable, reliable if matched to correct spring. Good service from Australian distributor.

If it is not matched to the correct spring, the upper oil seal will blow. Mine did that within a week. stock spring too soft

At 95kg (210lbs) I experienced spring bind and a blown oil seal within the first week. I had enquired about firmer more appropriate springs when the bike was purchased and was told that the AC2 is plush bike & to try the stock setup. (less choice of bike shops once AC2 supplies dried up hence my bad luck with initial bike shop) The shock was taken to a different Giant dealer who told me it would be fixed and back to me within a week and true to their word, the Australian distributor fixed it and had it back to me within a week. Once I discovered a 750lbs spring it has been faultless, smooth, great variety of adjustment and worth the initial troubles. I would reccomend to anyone who has the right spring for their intended use but may not be up to the task of large drop offs on the Giant AC series of bikes due to the extra leverage on the shock from the AC series read suspension. On the long rough firetrail descents that I do since it's repair, I've found it a great all rounder.

[Sep 30, 2001]
AL

Strength:

it's inexpensive as far as shocks go.

The seals are not very reliable. The spring is flimsy even when it's the right one for my weight. The rebound adjuster knob. The shock collar.

I am always suspect of Rock Shox suspension components and would never go out of my way to purchase one. I made an exception when I purchased my Giant AC-1. I figured I may have broken every Rock Shox fork I ever owned, it would be difficult to break a rear shock. well first time for everything I guess. I broke the rebound adjuster knob within a couple weeks. The cheap plastic knob sticks out way too far and would have been just as easy to operate if it had been an inch shorter and made of knurled aluminum. I swapped out the spring for a heavier one and still had problem bottoming out the shock. So i replaced it with a mountain speed spring and it helped a little, but the shock just seemed underdamped. I broke the shock collar and it broke off my second rebound adjuster knob. This was on a pretty mellow drop off. I was sent replacement parts and put the hock back together yet again. Then on the way home from work my bike started to make a rattling noise. Then the rattle made the bike sound like a shopping cart. Oil was leaking out of the seals. The shock also seemed to bend in the middle. I removed the spring and the shock went to pieces. So know that the shock cannot be repaired Giant is sending me another one. Great another piece of crap shock!

plenty