RCR Components T2 Older Rear Shocks

Components T2

RCR Components T2

Lucas   Downhiller [Mar 30, 2001]
Strength:

good adjustabity
plush travle
strong when rebuilt by Romic

RCR's version breaks in half
you can't wrench it your self

The shock is good only when rebuilt by romic. I found out after two breaks that RCR was saving some cake by doing a sh!tty job on the assembly of the T2. When I jumped of my old schools roof (Aprox 8feet to slope) which was no prob for my buds fox RC the T2 sort of broke in half. This was because of the sh!tty seals on the shock. Now that I have the Romic rebuild I have had no such probs. Two weeks ago
I took a 45 foot ramp jump to hill landing with about 9 feet of vert and the shock ate it up no prob. On the shore the shock works great too. Seymours fast no stunt format is best suited for the T2. Although I do ride grouse alot and it works ok there too.

Bottom line is
you get what you pay for
If your going to get a fox RC and are thinking of saving some cash by getting the T2 don't do it
If you want a cheap long travle shock that will work till your ready to eat nothing but canned soup for two years then its great.

Similar Products Used: fox and rockshox
B   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 2000]
Strength:

great range of damping control
customer service
availability

none now

at first i had the foam style shock which lost damping quickly. rcr upgraded it for no charge to the 2000 model which blew up on a test ride. a simple phone call was all it took to get the problem fixed. they sent a new shock no questions asked. it seems that they had s few problems at first but have gotten it figured out now. the new shock works awesome. good work and thanks to rcr

Similar Products Used: fox vanilla r, rc and rock shox super deluxe(crap)
Alejandro Cortes   Downhiller [Apr 14, 2000]
Strength:

Excellent rebound and compression adjustments.Strong unit, built to last.Plushhhhh!

For now none.Price.

Great shock .As I see it the only real competition for fox.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox super deluxe,Stratos helix expert,Fox RC.
Bryce Langley   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2000]
Strength:

See the first review posted on this shock

The first shock blew up about 5 months into it's life. They sent me a 2000 version and it is now leaking. I just sent it back again, I will let you know how the second go around works out.

Customer service is excellant and it damn well better be with the quality of product being sold.

Similar Products Used: Fastrax. Not the best shock in the world but it help up for 2 years.
tony degear   Downhiller [Mar 12, 2000]
Strength:

I have the 2000 t-2 shock which I have worked the hell out of with no compliants. I have a chuck fs which I use as a free ride bike/trial bike. This shock has be off eight stair drop offs, baby head down hills with no compliant. I previusly had the t-1 1999 edition which I found be a piece of doggy doo it leaked ooil and had a dead spot on the repoun. The rebound seemed to change with out my making any adjustment. The t-2 shock how ever I have found to be excellant with no leaking and a bullet proof performance in reboun and compression stroke. The service from rcr is the best I have ever expearianced these people back up their product.

springs are expensive

rcr stands behind their products and they have dialed in their shock. I find it is as least as good as fox

Similar Products Used: fox rc
Brian   Weekend Warrior [Feb 06, 2000]
Strength:

adjustability is excellent. customer service is great

failed twice.

The people at RCR offer great customer service, but they have to because the product is weak. The first shock was the old style and lost damping and developed dead spots in the travel after 3 months. They upgraded it free to fix the problem. The 2000 upgrade blew up with oil spewing everywhere on a parking lot test ride. We'll see how they take care of this one!

Similar Products Used: fox vanilla r, rc, rockshox, risse
Adam   Downhiller [Dec 20, 1999]
Strength:

You can get one (unlike Fox)

Marginal fit (spring hits frame) Failed twice

This is a 2000 model shock. It lost all damping after 2 rides. After it was returned it did the same within a week and also developed some inconsistencies in it's stroke. i.e. rebounding fast for 75% of the stroke and then very slowly for the rest. Now it is functioning properly, although it makes alot of noise and just doesn't compare to the Fox shock in smoothness or damping quality.The folks at RCR have been good about servicing it but two weeks at a pop w/o the shock gets old.Close but no cigar. A good effort, but I wouldn't be inclined to buy another. It's just not worth $350. If Fox shocks could be had this would score less than 3 chiles. Being that replacement Fox shocks are pretty much not an option - 3 is what I give it.

Similar Products Used: Fox TC, Rock Shock Deluxe, Risse Jupiter
Joe Tailleur   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 13, 1999]
Strength:

Damping adjustements
Customer Service
Ride Quality

none so far

Adjustments that actually make a difference, quiet, effective operation, and a killer nice ride that makes all the difference in the world. Not only that, but the folks at RCR listen to you when you talk, and are very responsive and make sure you are happy with your purchase. Whatever you have now, if its not an RCR, its not as good as it could be.I'll post another review when I've had a couple more months on it. I've had 2 RockShox Deluxe (both broke in half), and my SuperDeluxe has blown up twice. The Stratashock is still going strong after 3 seasons, and the RCR looks like a winner too. Five out of five for both performance and especially customer service.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Super Deluxe
StrataShock Pro
Bryce Langley   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 26, 1999]
Strength:

The shock is very adjustable and very easy to adjust with the oversized knobs and the positive click system (super sweet ride). The slow speed rebound control can be set to automatically lock the shock out when climbing without you having to remember to turn the shock back on (to easy). It takes the small bumps as easily as the four foot drops. RCR service is great, they will get on any problem you have immediately. My bike is a strange one so I had trouble with the bushings, but that was taken care of in a few days. $359 sounds high until you realize you do not need a special pump or other accessories to make the shock work and the shock can be rebuilt at your house.

Weight, the T2 weighs around 1.3 lbs., but it uses every ounce. If the spring was a little light anyone would be hard pressed to find a better coil over shock!

Its simple, RCR has created a very user freindly shock that can be rebuilt and/or upgraded in the privacy of your home and the shock works excellant. Not to mention th shock is oversized, gold, red spring, and looks like something off a MotoCross Bike.