RCR Components Rear Coil Over Shock T-1 Single Adjustable Older Rear Shocks

Components Rear Coil Over Shock T-1 Single Adjustable

T-1 Single Adjustable

Lucas   Downhiller [Mar 30, 2001]
Strength:

Plush,good adjustabilty,srong

You can't wrench it your self
tends to brake if it was built by RCR

When I first got this shock I had heard of the shock blowing
on a few people. Not too long after I was on it, what do ya know it broke in half. I mean right in half. I sent it back to RCR when they were still around and when it came back it worked for about a month befor another death. Now that romic has rebuilt it I have had no probs to speek of. The shock is a good one and I like the Romic version but don't pass up a fox RC to get the T2. After all of that though I think for a long travle shock it is not bad. All you young North Shore up'en cummers if you want a cheap way to ride the rough stuff the Romic's T2 is not at all bad.

And remember you get what you pay for
Cheap=crap
spend your lunch money on bike=more fun than you can handle

Similar Products Used: Fox,rock shox
Bob   Weekend Warrior [Mar 22, 2001]
Strength:

When it worked...it worked like a dream. Took all the big hits, never bottomed out, very plush over the small stuff. Impressive, beefy red coil over gold colored shock.

The company is GONE--GONE like Jimmy Hoffa gone! My shock needed parts--hell, my shock just plain broke into two pieces. Now everything breaks, but I've been "riding" this shock since June of 2000. I don't do huge drop offs. I am ground bound. This isn't a big deal if you are riding a FOX or Rock Shock. Did I mentioned that the company is gone? They even have the balls to place an ADVERTISEMENT in the April 2001 Mountain Bike Action. The phone of course is disconnected. Damn, this sucks!

If the company bothered to stay in business this would make the situation a whole lot better. (Heck, even if they just left a message on their answering maching telling you to call ROMIC then they'd score a few extra chillis.) I called the company that sold the shock to me (came with the frame) and they couldn't even give me a current RCR contact.

RCR the company gets no chili's. The product itself is fantastic, when it worked. Too bad it's reputation has had to suffer. If you have an RCR shock, then call ROMIC at 760-244-4447. ROMIC will take good care of you.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shock Coup Deluxe, RS Super Coup Deluxe, Fox Vanilla R.
Brian G   Weekend Warrior [Feb 23, 2001]
Strength:

worked ok for a few mo. then crapped out. blowing oil all over the place.

Chapter 11/13??? OUT of fuggin business!!

Should have got a FOX!!!!

Similar Products Used: Rock shock
Andrew   Downhiller [Jul 03, 2000]
Strength:

Has good spring and nice color and is working okay so far

The first shock I had to be replced becauseof a hissing noiseThis company RCR is owned by Daren Murphy the previous owner of Chuck bikes.Chuck bikes had alot of manufactuing defects have had several cracks and other manufacturing defects and now you cant get parts.The same may happen to Rcr so if you buy you may end up in the same boat as us Chuck bike owners.

Don't buy Rcr the company is knew an untried the last product put out buy the owner of was RCR (which was Chuck Bikes) is no more.Daren left us high and dry with no parts replacement and a lot of manufacturing defects.I would say with what I saw with Chuck bikes the same can be repeated with Rcr give it a few years.

Andy Leib   racer [Jan 12, 1999]

I have been racing Mountian bikes for nearly 8 years now and I have had the oppertunity to test a number of new products. To date I can't remember a better product. RCR Components has just com out with the best coil over rear shock that I have had the pleasure of testing. The RCR T-1 Single adjustable shock performed like a dream! It handled the small square edge hits as well as the big hit with out hesitation. The shock has a look that could only be compared to that of a factory works unit from Jeremy's private reserve! It has a gold finish much like that of an Olen factory shock and is nicely highlited with a flat black spring retainer and preload knob. The springs I tested where powder coated with a Ferrari red finish that just pulled this shock together better than that of any other shock I have seen. The coolest thing about the New RCR Shock is the upgrade features. RCR gives you the option of taking your single adjustable T-1 and with only a small out of pocket expense you can then upgrade to a 2 or even 3 way. The 2 way system is the next shock I get to test and I can hardly wait! I'll definitly have to have another RCR before I pull this one off! I guess I've been spoiled! They have this shock in a 3 inch stroke too, wow what kind of travel would i get with a 3 inch stroke? I guess I'll need to get ahold of the boys at Intense and see if I can get a frame i can plug that baby into.
Well all in all this shock has far exceeded my expextations in performance, looks and with all that gives me the chance to upgrade it ...Oh by the way before I forget this thing can be rebuilt by me!!! That's with only a spanner wrencha and an allen too. They told me if I need to revalve it for my style of racing that would be no problem, I could do that too with very little effort.
It about time somebody got it right! I'ld give it 10 screamin hot chili's if I could! I recomemnd it to anyone that has the need for speed and performance, heck even if you just want to have a product that works this is it!
If you want to know more they have a website...check it out!
RCR Components.com

Jay   Downhiller [Mar 27, 2001]
Strength:

The T1 is the BOMB!

RCR is belly up and out of business

If you have this shock, don't throw it out--its a great one. By the way, ROMIC's correct number is 760-244-4478.