Noleen NR-1 Rear Shock Older Rear Shocks

NR-1 Rear Shock

Noleen NR-1 Rear Shock

Nick Fenton   Racer [Jul 23, 1999]
Strength:

This is a great shock, I love it! It's so smooth!Better than a NR-2 in a lot of ways

No rebound clicker, but it doesn't need one!!! Weight, but ah, who cares!

Nothing better in my opinion exept the NR-4, but I didn't really like the NR-4. I rode a bike with one once i=and it felt like I was f=riding a XC bike with a Dh shock, I don't no just didn't feel right.

Similar Products Used: Nothing else. But demode a NR-2 and a R.S. Deluxe
David   weekend warrior [Jul 18, 1997]

Take this review for what it's worth. I have NR-1's on the front the front and rear of my Pro-Flex 756, and I have been extremely pleased with their performance! I can only compare these with the Pro-Flex GDT/MCU shocks (on a 856), Rock Shox Indy's (on a Trek 930SHX, 6500SHX, Caloi, and GT), and a Manitou (on a Joshua XO), and I would have to say that the NR-1s beat them all out. All the other shocks had good attributes for certain types of hits (i.e., small, medium, and big bumps), but the NR-1's ate all of them up with great comfort, feel, and control. There was never any bottoming-out or po-go'ing, and they always remained consistent. Adjusting the NR-1's was simple and their need for maintainence was non-existant. Great Shock, Great Performance, and so far, great durability. I recommend them to anyone, who can find them. They are hard to find because they are a great product. Check them out at Mud, Sweat, & Gears! www.bikeusa.com

Duncan Brabbin   Weekend Warrior [Jan 11, 2001]
Strength:

Simple and cheap

Simple and Weak.

This shock is indeed simple, idiot proof adustment being preload only. The only thing is, it is definately cross country only. I've blown the seals in mine about three or four times, it's getting quite expensive and yes I run it with a really stiff spring.

Pat G   Weekend Warrior [Nov 01, 1999]
Strength:

simplicity, durability

rebound adjustment isn't great, and it hisses at ya.

Ya know this isn't a bad shock. Not very complicated, but also not all that adjustable. I bough my bike used. The previous owner had it two years, and this shock still has not been rebuilt, and has not needed to be rebuilt. I'm 225, and it needs a heavier spring. It's not as nice as a Risse shock, but it's reliable and cheap. I've got an NR4 on now, that has been rebuilt once (nice shock by the way). I use the NR1 has my backup.

Similar Products Used: Fox Vanilla Coil, Noleen NR4
Ryan   Racer [Mar 24, 1999]

I have an NR-1 on my K2 1000. I have only have had this bike for 3 months and I love this shock. It is smooth and is easy to maintain. Anyone who reads this, buy this shock!

Jay Farbowich   cross-country rider [Feb 03, 1999]

This shock absorbs just about anything and on my bike there are no weird noises. If I have one caveat that is there are no instructions on how to maintain and service the shock. The key to rear shocks is getting the proper spring for your body weight and bike specs.

LeeChun   cross-country rider [Sep 08, 1998]

The Noleen NR1 doesn't have all the adjustments as the Noleen NR4, but I never had any problems with the shock. I now have the NR4, but it seems to be leaking, and sticking and clicking, after the first ride!The Noleen NR1 is simple, and I really liked it. It was easy to adjust (only preload), and provided lots of fun.

Jeff   cross-country rider [Aug 27, 1998]

I Bought the ProFlex 1000 not to long ago and have put about 50 miles on it so far. It uses the Indy S and NR-1 which are both entry level but seem to work well for the money if you aren't jumping off cliffs. I've heard alot of bad things about Noleen and their shocks (NR-2) and so this is really a note to say that the NR-1 works better (in that it works at all) than its follower. Will keep you all updated. 3 chilies for average performance so far.

HTmaniac   cross-country rider [Apr 12, 1998]

Got one on my ATX 990 since the start, 3000 km of muddy wet ride still performing like new, just some creaking noise are anoying from time to time...
Will give it a 4 just beacuse it is heavy (steel shaft) and dampening cannot be tuned. Ah since I was missing 6 words...

Cris Collier   weekend warrior [Aug 28, 1997]

I've only recently started riding after I was getting bored with my horse, I spose it's just not a big thrill to ride it that awkward way any more. I tried the Noleen NR-1's and the soft ride is good for my sore arse.