Wellgo WPD - 95B Older Pedals

WPD - 95B

Wellgo WPD - 95B

deyja6   Weekend Warrior [Aug 03, 2009]
Strength:

It's cheap and it works well. Has held up to years of abuse. Cage is nice to have when riding around town with regular shoes.

Kinda heavy at 450 grams (I weighed it). Flipping the pedal over to get to the spd side is a hassle sometimes. Pedals don't really spin freely.

I've had these for about 5 years. Pedals have gotten intimate with rocks on many occasions but they still work great. It may simply be the fact that there is a sturdy cage on the bottom and not another fragile spd mechanism. When I was just starting out, I would also use the cage side during technical sections. I switched to speedplays recently to cut weight, but I may go back to these because they feel so much better. Bottom line is these are reliable, versatile, and cheap pedals.

Similar Products Used: ritchey v4, speedplay frog
Wiswell   Weekend Warrior [Mar 10, 2004]
Strength:

Relatively lightweight and reasonably sturdy. Easy to clean. The platform provides nice support even when using the clipless side. Nice switching back in forth between clipped/platform if in heavy traffic area.

Color. Cleats seem like they'd rust easily. Downside - saw them $25 cheaper than what I paid the day after I ordered. I've seen them in silver/silver. Mine were black/silver.

I adjusted to these within one day, and never had clipless before. You have to make sure the cleats are nice and tight in your shoes or you might have trouble clipping. I only fell down once and that's because I was trying to turn inside my garage.

Getting clipped out was easy, but it's not likely to clip out when you don't want.

Similar Products Used: None
Catfish   Weekend Warrior [Jan 10, 2001]
Strength:

Easy to get in and out of.Platform is nice so that I don't have to be clipped all the time.

Pedals are easy to get in and out of.Seem to be lighter than most other combination pedals I looked at.

Similar Products Used: Specialized
Tyler   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 03, 1999]
Strength:

weight...about 430 grams
good traction on platform

none yet

I was hoping to find someone else who had reviewed these pedals before i got them. I traded in my broken Bontrager Re-1's that came stock on my bike. They broke after 4 rides! I wanted a single-sided clipless pedal with a platform for those more technical rides and downhill, an these were much lighter than the Shimano's. I just don't like being cliped in all the time...maybe because I am still somewhat new to clipless pedals?? Just picked them up yesterday and I'm heading to the trails very soon. Will post a follow-up review after a few rides.